• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Watching history channel, and theyre doing a modern marvels episode about ammunition (it appears) and maybe firearms as well.........well, during one of those factoid tings before they go to commercial they stated a statistic about police killed in the line of duty...in particular, that of the 56 cops killed in 2002 only 9 were killed by rifles and most were killed with handguns......seemed like an odd factoid to put out there, but im glad they did...i guess im just wondering, could Modern Marvels actually know what theyre talking about, could they actually be pro 2A? i hope so, and im glad they showed that stat, even though at the end of the day it is a sad one

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Modern Marvels has always been a quality program. Entertainment and knowledge, two things lacking in most modern television.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    It's a great show, but I guess I'm confused about how that factoid is pro 2A.

Doesn't it point out that most officers killed in the line of duty are killed with handguns rather than long guns? Doesn't that give antis even more evidence that handguns are in need of further controls? I guess I just don't see the logic being used here that points to them as being pro 2A based on that factoid.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013

Doesn't it point out that most officers killed in the line of duty are killed with handguns rather than long guns? Doesn't that give antis even more evidence that handguns are in need of further controls? I guess I just don't see the logic being used here that points to them as being pro 2A based on that factoid.
    I saw it more as a jab at the ridiculousness of legislating "assault weapons".

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Love the show...here is a link to a YouTube channel that almost every episode, along with Tales of the Gun.
    You know, back when the History Channel had shows about history.
    Primeda - YouTube

Holy cow, Thanks for the link, I was about to buy the H2 channel so I could watch Modern Marvels again since it's never on the History Channel anymore.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011

yea, i did consider that....but also considering that most legislation attempts are aimed at so called "assault rifles" it still seems less Anti-2A than alot of other crap thats on tv

Top Bottom