• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    I'm looking for a molle holster to slap onto a vest i've been tinkering with. I plan to use it to carry a Glock 23 along with all the other junk on the vest while i'm tromping around in the woods. Call it my survival vest of sorts.

I have been digging around on ebay for one around say $20 give or take and everything reeks of airsoft. Has anyone used any of these holsters or maybe the Rothco version who can attest to whether or not they are worth a crap? I am not a mall ninja or anything like that - just need a way to keep a pistol handy on this vest I'm messing with.

And yes, I know I'll get what I pay for. The vest and everything else I have on it right now cost me a whole $20 and is sturdy and trustworthy as it is.

Ideas? Opinions on holsters?

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Honestly, if you are not going mall ninja and only want to spend $20, what is wrong with the airsoft versions? If you are just trouncing around hunting mushrooms (or something like that) and want your sidearm secure and on your person, why so much hassle over better quality?

Just my thoughts....

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    Here's Rothco's holster.

Rothco: Solid...Reliable...Steadfast

Now that I think about it, a crossdraw holster might make more sense. Maybe one like this?

MOLLE CROSS DRAW HOLSTER FOR TACTICAL VEST - OD GREEN - eBay (item 190507789192 end time Mar-31-11 20:00:39 PDT)

I guess mostly I'm fishing for opinions from someone who has one or a similar model as to the pros/cons of it. I guess I could just spend the 20 bucks and try it for myself...

I'm sure it will serve its purpose fine. Really I just want to have a few necessities attached to the vest to where I can just grab it, put it on, and head into the woods.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Seems like a drop leg might suit you better, but as far as your question goes...

Blackhawk's Serpa platforms have a molle attachment that allows their holsters to go on and rotate as you see fit.

Old style:
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._475419315964_500085964_6501756_2709749_n.jpg

New style:
    http://www.tactical-life.com/online...-adapter-and-us-molle-with-female-adapter.gif

Same basic premise. Note in the second picture the actual holster is just lying there and would flip over and hook into that platform.

Tactical Drop Leg Holster Fits Hk USP P2000 MK23 Socom - eBay (item 250782616119 end time Apr-01-11 23:02:09 PDT)
    You can find something like this at a gun show for 30 bucks, tops. Mostly solid, as far as nylon goes. Buy at a show so you can see for yourself.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    thanks for the info indianaresident - that serpa is an interesting option i wasn't aware of.

i was thinking a gun show would be a good bet for finding what i'm looking for but i tend to only go to shows in the winter or when it is raining out so i can't bet on going to one any time soon. i've tried the local surplus stores, too, and came up with nothing.

the drop leg thing might not work well as sometimes while i'm sporting this vest may be spent on an atv and that may be just a bit cumbersome(?).

i think i'm going to bite the bullet and buy one of the cheapies on ebay and try it out and maybe later on down the road look into something like the serpa. i've got a paddle holster that i like so adding another one at this time might not be prudent.

thanks for all the input!

Top Bottom