• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone know if the KidZone counts as a daycare making the Monon community center and property a GFZ?

Looking at the website it seems more like a place to just drop kids off while their parents use the facilities.

Thanks,
    22rssix

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Does anyone know if the KidZone counts as a daycare making the Monon community center and property a GFZ?

Looking at the website it seems more like a place to just drop kids off while their parents use the facilities.

Thanks,
    22rssix

Look for licensed and/or accredited. I will too...

EDIT: I don't see it and I don't think they are, but you would be better off calling them and asking (without mentioning "gun")

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Anyone have an answer?

I'm reluctant to call or email the Monon Center - might get my name on a watch list. Not that I'm paranoid or anything...

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Found this regarding the description of a licensed child care provider in Indiana (from Indiana Licensing Standards for Day Care Centers - Daycare.com):

Child care center
    Sec. 28.4. "Child care center", for purposes of IC 12-17.2, means a nonresidential building where at least one (1) child receives child care from a provider:
    (1) while unattended by a parent, legal guardian, or custodian;
    (2) for regular compensation; and
    (3) for more than four (4) hours but less than twenty-four (24) hours in each of ten (10) consecutive days per year, excluding intervening Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.

The Monon Center's child care policies can be found here: KidZone (childcare) - Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation. Their policies state that there is a 2-hour limit, which would fail to meet #3 above. Also, the parents must be reachable within the Monon Center (for diaper changes, medication, or to control/comfort the child), so it might also fail to meet #1.

Based on this information, it seems to me that the Monon Center does not qualify as a licensed child care provider.

Any legal eagles out there that can check my work?

Top Bottom