• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I know many of you (from first hand experience) have no faith in the system to police it own. However, every dept is different and its leadership sets the tone. I do not this Sheriff but many take a lot of pride in their position and would not let this stand.

I have seen a Sheriff make a deputy telephone the mother to apologize to her son because he yelled something at her son through car windows in traffic ( and her son was clearly the idiot in this).

Until proven otherwise, try to have some faith that Lutz will be dealt with appropriately.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I know many of you (from first hand experience) have no faith in the system to police it own. However, every dept is different and its leadership sets the tone. I do not this Sheriff but many take a lot of pride in their position and would not let this stand.

I have seen a Sheriff make a deputy telephone the mother to apologize to her son because he yelled something at her son through car windows in traffic ( and her son was clearly the idiot in this).

Until proven otherwise, try to have some faith that Lutz will be dealt with appropriately.

I am, hence the 2 week period before I call them to find out what the deal is. ;)

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I am, hence the 2 week period before I call them to find out what the deal is. ;)

Handling well.

What some may not know is that departments get complaints for everything and all the time. There are people out there with a burr in their butt for LEO and will complain.

That is no excuse for the LEO to do things and absolutely no excuse for a dept to respond to the complaints. They owe it to you to give you a disposition. LEO should be held accountable in a professional manner.

Keep us posted. Should be interesting.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    A little advice for future contacts is to let the officer think that he's right and move on. You're only inviting unnecessary trouble by pushing the issue and that's when they start probing for anything wrong

Let the officer think he is right when he is wrong? Do you really want to empower these ill-informed officers with the notion that they are indeed above the law OR should not have to know the laws that they are charged to enforce? Officers doing things that are illegal tend to be the things that have their departments sued over civil and Constitutional rights violations.

Furthermore, by allowing them to "think they are right" and letting them get away with it only erodes all of our freedoms. Do we strive for less freedom or do we strive to have more freedom? Any LEO that does not know what they are talking about when it comes what is legal is doing more harm than good IMO.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    guys, I've heard nothing from them and honestly don't expect to until I contact them. I decided when I submitted the complaint that I would give them 2 weeks to respond, It's only been 1 so...

This is ridiculous. ONE week makes sense. TWO weeks is "I don't really care enough to follow up right away."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is ridiculous. ONE week makes sense. TWO weeks is "I don't really care enough to follow up right away."
    Maybe it's like Hayseed said. They might have alot of complaints to sift through and they'll get back to him when his complaint comes up for review. :dunno:

(you buying any of this?)

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    Japartridge, I have been reading this post and Trying to keep up on the postings. From personally having filed a complaint on an Officer from this same Dept. Dont get your hope up that you will hear from them on this. It will be delt with interally. This is a Good o boy Dept. From what I was explain to from an off duty Officer one night at the gas station. Is a complaint is filed and reviewed and then file away for their next time he or she is up for a promotion and or raise. But if a enough complaint are filed then they will be taken down a rank. Thanks to their Union. Never loose their job unless really screw up. DUI, Rape, Murder, etc... So good luck and sorry. It sucks they are way they are. I guess that is why we have lawyers. lol.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Japartridge, I have been reading this post and Trying to keep up on the postings. From personally having filed a complaint on an Officer from this same Dept. Dont get your hope up that you will hear from them on this. It will be delt with interally. This is a Good o boy Dept. From what I was explain to from an off duty Officer one night at the gas station. Is a complaint is filed and reviewed and then file away for their next time he or she is up for a promotion and or raise. But if a enough complaint are filed then they will be taken down a rank. Thanks to their Union. Never loose their job unless really screw up. DUI, Rape, Murder, etc... So good luck and sorry. It sucks they are way they are. I guess that is why we have lawyers. lol.

My brain actually hurts after reading this post

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

I don't think he is wanting the officer fired, nor is anyone else. Would just like to see some form of action on the Departments part in educating it's officers. And then following up with the complaintant. And if you hound them enough they will give you a response.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    You do realize we are talking about a county government office right? I'm betting they are just now even looking at it! I do care, I'm just realistic!

Next time just identify yourself as a Gay Black Muslim cross dressing democrat female with Hispanic sir name that was bullied and they'll get right to it! :popcorn:

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    I don't think he is wanting the officer fired, nor is anyone else. Would just like to see some form of action on the Departments part in educating it's officers. And then following up with the complaintant. And if you hound them enough they will give you a response.

My wife and I followed up on our complaint that we had filed and we were ask to come in file another complaint. There reason was, that we never heard from the officer that we filed on. That officer was to call us and go over our case but that officer never would return our call. The lead supervisor I spoke with told me later at a gas station on how the dept. Works. So all I am saying is don't get your hope up. I think everyone is looking for answer to this promblem and we will prodally never see the out come. That is just my two cents.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    My wife and I followed up on our complaint that we had filed and we were ask to come in file another complaint. There reason was, that we never heard from the officer that we filed on. That officer was to call us and go over our case but that officer never would return our call. The lead supervisor I spoke with told me later at a gas station on how the dept. Works. So all I am saying is don't get your hope up. I think everyone is looking for answer to this promblem and we will prodally never see the out come. That is just my two cents.

You were supposed to file a complaint to complain about not getting a response to your complaint? That's rich.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You were supposed to file a complaint to complain about not getting a response to your complaint? That's rich.
    That's how they deal with complaints. Instead or resolving the issue they tell you to keep filing complaints until you just give up.

Top Bottom