• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure if it's the angle but it looks like the person in black has both barrels pointed at the heads of the people next to him...good trigger discipline at least. :)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My family and I spent the last week in and around Yellowstone. It is really nice to vacation in a place that totally accepting of open carry! View attachment 47792

We were in Yellowstone weekend before last. Beautiful. But very touristy. Very crowded. Memorial Day weekend. WTF was I thinking? Lots of foreigners renting RVs they don't know how to drive. Don't get me wrong, I love to see foriegners get to come here and see our beautiful country, but I really wish they'd spend a bit more time familiarizing themselves with our traffic laws and customs.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Not sure if it's the angle but it looks like the person in black has both barrels pointed at the heads of the people next to him...good trigger discipline at least. :)

You are not able to see the staggered line....no pistols were aimed at anyone. We are pretty fanatical about safety. We had a great time!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    We were in Yellowstone weekend before last. Beautiful. But very touristy. Very crowded. Memorial Day weekend. WTF was I thinking? Lots of foreigners renting RVs they don't know how to drive. Don't get me wrong, I love to see foriegners get to come here and see our beautiful country, but I really wish they'd spend a bit more time familiarizing themselves with our traffic laws and customs.

I watched an Asian lady walk right up to a cow elk in Mammoth Hot Springs...The elk was very nervous, and we thought we would see a good stomping, but then a park ranger showed up and shouted the tourist away.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I watched an Asian lady walk right up to a cow elk in Mammoth Hot Springs...The elk was very nervous, and we thought we would see a good stomping, but then a park ranger showed up and shouted the tourist away.

Do you draw and fire on the elk to protect the tourist, or just let her get the stomping she probably deserves??

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Do you draw and fire on the elk to protect the tourist, or just let her get the stomping she probably deserves??

My wife was hiding her eyes and asking me to leave...the boys had their cameras ready, hoping for a good Youtube video.

Definitely the latter in both cases. Natural selection only works if you let it. Those that are capable of learning will learn from the video.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    There was a video that was going around FB a few weeks ago of a lady in Yellowstone that walked up to a cow elk. A gentleman next to the man running the video shouted at her (presumably he was a Ranger?) but it was too late. The frightened cow charged, the stupid cameraman didn't know how to operate a camera so he missed most of the action. But right near the end of the video he pans over in time to see the lady land several feet from where she was and the cow is acting like nothing happened. The lady stands up, and says, "Sorry, it's been a long time since I've been in the park. Sorry, it won't happen again." At which point one of the gentlemen near the camera says something like, "I'm sure it won't".

Haha

When we were there last year I watched an idiot young man (American, in his jacked up truck) try to walk right up to a nice 7X7 bull. Park Ranger got on him pretty hard. Unfortunately, because I was about 15 yards behind him and walking in the same direction I think the park ranger assumed we were together, we were both idiots, and we were both going to walk right up to it. He got on me pretty hard too even though I was clearly maintaining the minimum required distance.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    There was a video that was going around FB a few weeks ago of a lady in Yellowstone that walked up to a cow elk. A gentleman next to the man running the video shouted at her (presumably he was a Ranger?) but it was too late. The frightened cow charged, the stupid cameraman didn't know how to operate a camera so he missed most of the action. But right near the end of the video he pans over in time to see the lady land several feet from where she was and the cow is acting like nothing happened. The lady stands up, and says, "Sorry, it's been a long time since I've been in the park. Sorry, it won't happen again." At which point one of the gentlemen near the camera says something like, "I'm sure it won't".

Haha

When we were there last year I watched an idiot young man (American, in his jacked up truck) try to walk right up to a nice 7X7 bull. Park Ranger got on him pretty hard. Unfortunately, because I was about 15 yards behind him and walking in the same direction I think the park ranger assumed we were together, we were both idiots, and we were both going to walk right up to it. He got on me pretty hard too even though I was clearly maintaining the minimum required distance.

I would HATE to see a bull elk running at me ...!

Top Bottom