• ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    They are going to keep having a bunch in stock if they are going to limit to 1K and sell them at the prices on their website. If this holds true, they have seen the last of my money...

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I know on the 115gr 9mm JHP case (4000pcs) it was $360 in December as I bought a case. Now it is at $380, but the 1000 piece quantities are now $148!!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Price was $325/3750 back in April of last year.
    Now it's $368 for the same amount. But good luck finding 124 JHP in stock or with the same quality anywhere else. 9.8 cents a bullet compare to 8.6 cents last year.

Things are still crazy out there:
    1,000 124gr JHP 9mm Montana Gold bullets : Reloading Supplies at GunBroker.com

EDIT: - now they're back down "for maintenance." They were just down "for maintenance" for over a month recently!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    They are going to keep having a bunch in stock if they are going to limit to 1K and sell them at the prices on their website. If this holds true, they have seen the last of my money...

Better to have available at high price than not available at all....

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I started ordering from Precision Delta when Montana Gold started their recent selling practices.

What has changed in their selling practices? In this thread a price increase and a 1k limit has been mentioned... anything else? Which has turned you off?

I was thinking of finally making the switch from Zero to MG. I've been tollerating Zero's lack of availability for far too long.... I just last week had 4k bullets I ordered in JUNE show up. Tried to backorder more and it seems no place is taking back-orders.....

-rvb

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    What has changed in their selling practices? In this thread a price increase and a 1k limit has been mentioned... anything else? Which has turned you off?

I was thinking of finally making the switch from Zero to MG. I've been tollerating Zero's lack of availability for far too long.... I just last week had 4k bullets I ordered in JUNE show up. Tried to backorder more and it seems no place is taking back-orders.....

-rvb
    There has been more than 1 price increase.
    3 case discount was dropped as well as the ability to order 3 cases.
    1 case per week limit for a period of time.
    And now the 1k limit.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Wow, extremely sad to see the HUGE price increases on their site. Last November a case of 124JHPs was only around $330-$350

If this is how prices are going to be, Montana Gold will see no more money from me.

Top Bottom