• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    We're working on a rough list right now. We'll all vote on a location once we get a good list going. I want to give it a day or two for people to chime in.

The list in its current form:

Lowe's
    Starbucks
    Wal-Mart
    Barnes & Noble
    Best Buy
    Cabela's
    Home Depot
    PetSmart
    Sam's Club
    Yatz
    Meijer

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    That is dissapointing,but we dont have to us ingo. We can have a general flyer. Something to effect of " being a member of the local firearms owners community, I choose to spend money today in your establishment to show you the buying power,of our community of safe and responsible firearms owners.

Its late and off the top of my head. Maybe even start a grassroots org. For the advancement of Indiana 2A? Indiana colaltion of responsible gun owners? Again just off the top of my head, there is a reason unions have locals... NRA is great, but they can use all the local gelp they can get. Just late night ramblings
    you can use this FB group's name for a flyer if you wish and place to organize...they are strong supporters of 2A, and organize such events to promote proper firearms education and facts Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The more I think about it, the more I feel like maybe we shouldn't identify with any one specific group. I feel like our message would be more meaningful if it was coming from just the general segment of "gun owners" or something similar to that. Plus, that keeps us from having to work with another group just so that we can put their letterhead on our flyers and use their name.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    The more I think about it, the more I feel like maybe we shouldn't identify with any one specific group. I feel like our message would be more meaningful if it was coming from just the general segment of "gun owners" or something similar to that. Plus, that keeps us from having to work with another group just so that we can put their letterhead on our flyers and use their name.

I think so, it would make things much simpler.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm curious; were the managers of the Starbucks aware that they were being boycotted by the antis on the same day as the buycott by the pros? The reason I ask is that if they were aware then seeing a bunch of people coming in Oc'ing might have been an easier sell knowing ahead of time what was going on.

I can just see the look on the Lowes service desk people when an armed patron walks in and asks to speak to the manager.

Perhaps something simpler; we just start using $2 bills in our daily dealings with the businesses that support the constitution, specifically of course the 2A. Think of the impact if something like this happened to go nationwide.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    From what I was reading, some did, and some didn't. There doesn't appear to have been a company-wide memo or anything sent out saying anything about either the boycott or the buycott, although that is just speculation based on how many people said the manager had no idea what was going on.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    Perhaps something simpler; we just start using $2 bills in our daily dealings with the businesses that support the constitution, specifically of course the 2A. Think of the impact if something like this happened to go nationwide.

there would have to be a way for our $2bills to stand out.:tinfoil: what if antis catch on?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    That is exactly what this "group" is.....they aren't a company or associated in any way...just a group of pro-2A citizens who believe in peacibly demonstrating, educating, and/or raising awareness about firearms, safety, and self-defense....they don't have any formal processes or following they just use the page to organize together and collaborate ideas or share news

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN

Spot on.
    The Constitution, its importance, and its function should be the main point of reference.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    We can't stop them from doing anything; it's the nature of freedom. But we can do what we do, and that is to be logical, reasonable, responsible, well-mannered citizens who thank store managers and corporate offices for supporting our Constitutional rights.

I have also opened the poll for choosing the location for our first "Buycott." The thread is found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._vote_monthly_2a_support_event_locations.html

Please note that just because we don't choose your favorite location this time, doesn't mean we won't get to it eventually. Hopefully these events can be a long-running thing.

Top Bottom