• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I'll be running the half marathon tomorrow. It's my first race of that distance, and my longest race so far. My goal is to finish under 2:30:00. Is anyone else running tomorrow?

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Since it's your first race of this distance don't be so concerned with your time. Just try to get to the finish line. Build from that if you can and want.

Don't go out too fast. That's easy to do at first. Stay relaxed, be patient and start out at your pace.

Good luck and have fun.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Earlier this week there was about 250 marathon spots open... So a few will. The WTHR reporter said she was supposed to go to New York, and she interviewed a guy that said he was too. There were 47000 people that were to run the NYCM, so I imagine a lot of smaller fall races are getting bumps in registration.

Last edited:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Hydrate well, take a gel every 4 miles or so, and KEEP MOVING...even if its a VERY slow jog. Once you start walking it can be hell to start jogging/running again.

I was supposed to run the Louisville Half this morning for work, but instead I get to work for work...

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    a lot of trained individuals found themselves having trouble even getting to NYC because of wrecked travel plans. Indy would be a great place for them to complete their goal.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I finished in 2:11. This was my sixth half marathon and next to slowest. But I didn't care abut the time. I had a good time running. The volunteers were awesome. On course entertainment was great. I got chocolate milk, a cookie, and a Jimmy Johns mini sub at the end. The rain didn't start until I was getting my food, though I think the marathoners and slower half marathon folks are getting wet. As I was getting my food I heard them announcing that the lead marathoner was about a quarter mile out.... Fast dudes. Local boy won second, not sure who got first yet.

I even saw a guy in old school Nike trainers, khaki pants, black belt, blue plaid short sleev shirt, red ball cap from Bubba Gump shrimp company, and clean cut hair.... Yep, Forest Gump ran! I saw his outfit and immediately thought of Forest, then I saw he was running with a lady that had a quote from the movie on the back of her shirt.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I even saw a guy in old school Nike trainers, khaki pants, black belt, blue plaid short sleev shirt, red ball cap from Bubba Gump shrimp company, and clean cut hair.... Yep, Forest Gump ran! I saw his outfit and immediately thought of Forest, then I saw he was running with a lady that had a quote from the movie on the back of her shirt.

We need a picture to confirm this..

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Well, I came in under my goal time. I wanted to run a 2:30:00 half, and my official time is 2:25:30. The volunteers were great, the route was a good one for a first half marathon, and the finish line was well stocked with water, chocolate milk, bananas, apples, cookies, and bagels. I'll be back next year, hopefully for the full marathon.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    That's a great first half. Always good to beat your goal. How'd you like the distance? The Monumental has really grown over the past couple years; it's almost a mini Mini now.

There's four half marathons in the Indy area next spring... Time to start planning :)

Top Bottom