• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I though I would pass this on. I believe I have found fastest, most effective moon clip loader/unloader tool. I have several different tools but no single tool has worked as well as this one. I wish I had developed it. mooncliptool.com

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Depending on how much you shoot, Mooncliptool is OK for loading but a little slow. It is very slow unloading the clips, you are MUCH better off unloading the clips with a notched tube type demooner. Brownells sell these or they are very easy to make out of tubing.
    I shoot a USPSA match every weekend and load a bunch of clips. If you want the best by far it is the BMT tool. It is at least 3 or 4 times as fast loading and nothing compares unloading the clips. You can also check the moonclips and make sure they are still flat with the BMT tool. Mine makes me giggle everytime I use it. Just wish I would have found it earilier.
    If someone walked off with my mooncliptool I wouldn't be to upset. If someone walked off with my BMT tool as soon as I got off the phone ordering a new one I would start hunting whoever took it down.:D
    BMT is more expensive than the others but the first time you use it you will be a believer.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I also have the notched tube type unloader. It works good but like the mooncliptool, it only seperates one at a time. The upside is that it also holds the brass in the handle until you are done. My first unloader was that can opener looking deal, that will work in a pinch, it is not fast or easy to use. My old loader tools were a pair of pliers that look like replaceable tip snap ring pliers that have enough flex it is hard to keep everything aligned so you do not bend the clips. My other one is a bench mounted tool that you lever the rounds in one at a time. It does not work if it is not clamped or screwed to a bench, kind of stinks in the field. The BMT tool looks interesting, but this is the first I saw it. I learn something new every day. Thanks

Top Bottom