• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Anyone watching the Moonshine show on Discovery?
    The Sheriff put up a trail cam to catch some shiners, and someone shot it. The Sheriff found 2 empty 30-30 cases. Using a set of calipers he determined they were reloads because one case was a little shorter, and one primer was a different color.
    He went to the local gun store and asked if they had a list of people buying reloading components. Not only did the store keep a list of people, they gave it to the Sheriff no questions asked.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like a good reason to avoid you LGS for reloading supplies and go mail order or buy out of town. No warrant? Sounds like someone's too chummy with the sheriff.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Been watching since it started. The cases were shorter and there was a sealant on the primer.

The shop said that most people paid cash and didn't give their name. Then produced the names of everybody that bought that stuff...

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I watch the show regularly, but they're starting to lose me this season. Even if that fat kid didn't know the trail camera belonged to the sheriff, why did he leave his casings there to be found by anyone? Come to think of it, if he reloads, why did he leave those casings laying there period? Also, I've never had anyone record my name or information for reloading components when I paid cash. What's that all about? I can't remember this either, but were both casings from the same manufacturer?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I don't take a lot of stuff on that show very serious. But I do enjoy it, And seldom miss an episode. Very entertaining!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Because calipers are standard equipment in most patrol cars.

LocalManBelievesWrestlingIsReal.jpg

Top Bottom