• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If it's got a trigger and it's safe to shoot then I want to shoot it. I don't care where it comes from. If I like the way it shoots then I want one, don't care where it was made. If your close enough to use a bayonet on me then I deserve it because I'm such a lousy shot that I ran out ammo, it might a few days for that to happen and you probably get bored and leave because the one thing I have plenty of is ammo. :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Clint Smith says we all need to know how to run the commie guns. Commie gun might be the only one laying on the ground when you need one the most. :dunno:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There are a lot of quality non combloc weapons that are quality options. Or that can be made to fit my rules by removing the offending items for others.

Note that some rules wont apply to certain types of weapons. I am not going

Here is a list of what I have.
    M1 Carbine (light handy, and very overlooked, new 30 carbine rounds from Hornady and Underwood have really notched up the lethality of the round, I would put this up against anything inside 100 yards)
    M1 rifle (30-06 punch up to 600 yards)
    M14 rifle (My go to gun. 20 rounds of M80 ball. Accurate, dependable. I would put the Garand style action with the white gas system up against ANYTHING)
    M16A1 clone (I would put this up against ANY AK or whatever, light and easy to handle, simple battle sights)
    M16A2 clone (A REAL A2 clone will turn the 5.56 into a 600 meter gun with M855. Providing the wind isn't nuts)
    M590A1 shotgun (Nothing beats a good bead sighted shotgun for close dirty work, especially with Buck and Ball loads. The 65 cal musket ball is a real hellwrecker)
    M870 Mk 1 (Still working on this. But you cant beat the 870)
    M40 clone. (This is my 1000 yard gun. Sadly It doesn't have the correct clip slotted bridge on it (cosmetic issue not functional) obviously the M40 won't have a bayonet or backup optics. Because when you carry this, you choose to carry a second rifle.

I am not a big pistol person. But I have a M1911a1 and an M9. The M1 carbine is really my go to "pistol"

Like I said, I do have some quality optics. Including a Red Dot.
    Aimpoint 3000. (Old school red dot) This is the infamous Black hawk down optic. Delta was using this optic on their rifles that day. Works great. I usually put it on the M16A1 Carry handle. Mounts using 30mm scope mounts
    Unertl 10x scope . (This is the optic for the M40, and the only scope that stays mounted.)
    Leatherwood 3 to 9 ART (This is occasionally mounted on the M14, old 70s scope, bit finicky)
    AN/PVS-4 (This my ace in the hole. This is as expensive as most of my rifles. It has been refurbed and fitted with a Gen 3 tube. NIGHT VISION. Which 99.9% do not have. I have both the 5.56 and 7.62 reticles. I have mounts for the M14 and the M16s. This scope owns the night!)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Here's an SW to keep Indiucky from accusing me of discrimination, it even has a period Heiser holster.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    The most important lesson my old man ever taught me was to never limit your options in anything. My collection is proof I was paying attention. I couldn't care less who made it or what it's original purpose was I intend to have one. My only real hangup is that I feel it's absolutely sacreligious to mount a scope on a lever gun. Especially a vintage example. Other than that I'm good to go.

Leadeye, I've drooled all over my keyboard over that first photo.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My work here is done.;)

Syko I like the avatar, don't know what it's from, but I like it.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    How does Leadeye and Indy make every post about ancient revolvers?

Oh well I enjoy the pictures!

BTW
    I have carried the M16A1,A2, and M4 both with and without rail M4 with rail is far superior in day to day work.
    Much easier to carry when engaged in physical activities with a one or two point sling than the old M16.
    Lights are a absolute requirement for a fighting rifle IMO.
    The PVS-4 is more often than not left behind due to weight and size that thing weights a ton. Works ok in a defensive position it’s kinda sensitive to flash and bright lights.
    I have used a bayonet to open ammo crates and general knife stuff way to much close quarters movement around other people to fix the thing.
    Don’t care for AK,s or SKS I have had a M16 since the tender age of 17 don’t think I could change now.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a replacement tube in my PVS-4. It is a Gen 3 tube which solves the flash and bright light issues. It also cuts the weight down. Plugged more then a few Texas hogs with it. They didn't know what hit em.

I would put the M1 Carbine over the M4 carbine any day with the new Hornady and Underwood loads for 30 carbine.

These turn 30 carbine from BLEHHHH to good!

[video=youtube;pMKYal5Tles]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKYal5Tles[/video]

Besides the civilian M4 breaks one of my rules. Can't really mount a Bayonet! I had one and and got rid of it.

Top Bottom