• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have not bought Mora knives for maybe 4 years since I bought many over the years and don't need more.
    They are great knives for the price and take a beating. I have always found them to be an excellent product.
    Just checked Amazon and they are going for about the same prices they were around 4 years ago.
    Average Mora stainless steel 4 inch blade is about $14

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Well, I did a little testing last night. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to compare it to but it the decent sparks. It was easy enough to light a small bit of tinder inside my wood stove.

I did notice that the initial strike threw considerably more sparks than subsequent strikes. If I rotated it slightly and hit a fresh area, it threw great sparks and then slowed down.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you have a stainless steel mora they dont throw sparks near as well as the carbon steel versions.

Why is that? Do they polish or radius the spine more on the stainless knives? With a ferrocerium rod it should be all about how sharp the edge is and not the composition. I didn't know this until I saw Dave Canterbury throwing a metric butt-tonne load of sparks from a ferro rod with a piece of broken glass in one of his videos.

Top Bottom