• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Trader Joe's has caved, and as a longtime customer, it deeply saddens me. While I won't be boycotting the store, I did mention my displeasure to their staff. Surpisingly, the staff member I talked to had no idea what the policy was. Of course, I won't be following it. TJ's policy differed from their sister company, Aldi. Aldi, of course, still allows concealed carry. Curiously, TJ's says they'll still follow local laws, but just requests that customers leave their guns behind.

In light of recent customer feedback and questions, we would like to clarify our long-standing preference that customers not bring guns into our stores.We acknowledge and respect the rights of everyone involved in this important, often emotionally charged, debate. We feel gun policy should be addressed by governmental and law enforcement agencies. As we do with other important issues related to our business, we listen to our customers and Crew—and use the feedback we receive in our decision making.
    Our approach has always been to follow local laws; and while that will not change, we want to make clear we do not welcome weapons of any kind in our stores. We respectfully request that customers not bring firearms into our stores.
    Thank you.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Trader Joe's has caved, and as a longtime customer, it deeply saddens me. While I won't be boycotting the store, I did mention my displeasure to their staff. Surpisingly, the staff member I talked to had no idea what the policy was. Of course, I won't be following it. TJ's policy differed from their sister company, Aldi. Aldi, of course, still allows concealed carry. Curiously, TJ's says they'll still follow local laws, but just requests that customers leave their guns behind.

How is the Second amendment being respected. Their policy like these others does not respect anything but the fear of the sheep that make such demands.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I sure hope they are way paid up on their liability insurance. In one fashion or another, all of these fools just turned their stores from "gun free zones" to "mass murder zones." Besides that, when a properly armed citizen drops a criminal in their store, the medal and parade the citizen will earn will make the store policy pale in comparison.
    Even the businesses that stated that OC was not welcome, not CC?

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    My point is that since we live in the era of "anyone can sue for anything", I'm waiting to see when someone gets injured or worse in one of these so called "gun free zones" a lawsuit is generated over the fact that the area/locale was a "gun free zone" and that the area/locale did nothing to verify that it was in fact a "gun free zone." Obviously, if someone gets shot by a criminal in a "gun free zone" someone beside the criminal is liable for that innocent person's injury or worse. The premise being the criminal, who in all likelihood has no money, no job, no nothing, cannot be held financially accountable in a civil suit. So, the venue/area/locale is the target because they did not provide adequate security for everyone. I know it is a stretch, however, it would not surprise me.

The main point being is that now, in this day and age, no one is responsible for anything. Which we all know is horse puckey.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My point is that since we live in the era of "anyone can sue for anything", I'm waiting to see when someone gets injured or worse in one of these so called "gun free zones" a lawsuit is generated over the fact that the area/locale was a "gun free zone" and that the area/locale did nothing to verify that it was in fact a "gun free zone." Obviously, if someone gets shot by a criminal in a "gun free zone" someone beside the criminal is liable for that innocent person's injury or worse. The premise being the criminal, who in all likelihood has no money, no job, no nothing, cannot be held financially accountable in a civil suit. So, the venue/area/locale is the target because they did not provide adequate security for everyone. I know it is a stretch, however, it would not surprise me.

The main point being is that now, in this day and age, no one is responsible for anything. Which we all know is horse puckey.

Taking that one step further here.... what if they decide to make them GFZs and put in metal detectors? Now I am stuck for sure. Lots of money and time involved. Plus the upset customer base who doesn't want to wait in a TSA line to buy groceries.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Taking that one step further here.... what if they decide to make them GFZs and put in metal detectors? Now I am stuck for sure. Lots of money and time involved. Plus the upset customer base who doesn't want to wait in a TSA line to buy groceries.

This would make it even easier for some deranged animal to kill a bunch of people at once. Just let her rip or set off a bomb outside. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened outside some sports stadium yet.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    All of these corporations saying that they are "REQUESTING" you to not carry into their stores is just that, a request.
    Unless they have a No guns sign allowed, it is a mute point. When that happens, at that moment they have lost my business.

Reverse-Gun-rights-card-courtesy-The-Truth-About-Guns-and-Armed-Reponse-600x366.jpg

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    I open carry. I do not do it for attention, if I did I would carry something a bit flashier than a black Glock. I open carry for comfort. In the time since all of these stores "policy changes" I have been in Walmart, Kroger, and Walgreens all multiple times. I walked through these stores as I always have tossed my items in my cart and then paid at the checkout. Never once has any member of management or employee said anything about me carrying. Everyone is complaining about these policies but I have still no seen anybody claim these policies have effected them.

So my question is. Have any of you been affected by these policy changes personally? Please note I am not talking about open carrying a long gun or anything huge, just your basic everyday pistols.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We have all been affected by the request. It is ehancing the idea that the gun and the legal gun owers are the problem. It is enhancing the idea that a law, request or a ban can stop a criminal.

All of these CEO's have added strength to those who want to reduce our liberty. Yes we have all been affected.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We have all been affected by the request. It is ehancing the idea that the gun and the legal gun owers are the problem. It is enhancing the idea that a law, request or a ban can stop a criminal.

All of these CEO's have added strength to those who want to reduce our liberty. Yes we have all been affected.

Bingo! Rep incoming.

Top Bottom