• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjstamp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    The only two celebrities I trust are Charleton Heston and Ted Nugent....well maybe Clint Eastwood, good ole Dirty Harry.

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    My guess is that alot of those people are on that list or say they are anti gun for there image, but that theres also alot of them that have guns of there own. Actors have to present an image, notice how some of the highest paid actors were on there........ im sure they were just looking out for their dollar making abilities, and how people percieve them........... in their line of work i guess thats not horrible.

Granted im just assuming or surmizing, i could be wrong, but id like to think im right

Last edited:

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I thought Marc Anthony had some trouble with the law over some domestic abuse AND drug abuse?

How come he gets to carry a gun when an average inner city working mom would have to jump through hoops of fire to show why she needs a gun to protect her children?

:drama:Hypothetical drama for drama's sake...

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I actually do. I haven't seen any of Mark Wahlbergs movies since I found out. last one I saw was the Departed. He's also a convicted felon, so how is it that he gets to train with firearms and shoot them in movies being a felon and not go to jail? He went to jail for attempted murder, robbery etc He went to jail for breaking a homosexuals jaw and he is a notorious racist/homophobe.Mark Wahlberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Same with Matt Damon and his boyfriend Ben Affleck. How can I enjoy watching that hypocrite in action? I'm not paying them a dime knowing that they spread that anti gun crap and fund movements for it with my money. hell no.

Last edited:

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I actually do. I haven't seen any of Mark Wahlbergs movies since I found out. last one I saw was the Departed. He's also a convicted felon, so how is it that he gets to train with firearms and shoot them in movies being a felon and not go to jail? He went to jail for attempted murder, robbery etc He went to jail for breaking a homosexuals jaw and he is a notorious racist/homophobe.Mark Wahlberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Lol'd at this.

Mark Wahlberg: [attempted]Killer, thief, homophobic, racist, ANTI-GUN.

What a stereotype.

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    ppl are entitled to beleive what they beleive, but i dont think it makes any of them less of an actor, or lessen the quality of their movies. And for the record ur not preventing them from getting money when you dont see the movie, because they already have either been paid by the studios, or have a contract stating they will get paid x amount upon completion of the movie............ sooooooo ya

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    ppl are entitled to beleive what they beleive, but i dont think it makes any of them less of an actor, or lessen the quality of their movies. And for the record ur not preventing them from getting money when you dont see the movie, because they already have either been paid by the studios, or have a contract stating they will get paid x amount upon completion of the movie............ sooooooo ya

True, but if the movies they are in don't make any money, and there is obvious public outcry against them, they aren't gonna get any more work after that.

I do agree that it doesn't affect their performance, and I often watch movies starring actors that are incredibly liberal. It's not like they're the ones doing the writing.

I could care less what celebrities do in their private lives, a good movie is a good movie.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It kind of makes me mad. You have actors like Sylvester Stallone, who got rich making action movies, with firearms in them. But in real life, they're anti-gun. If they are anti-gun, they SHOULDN'T be in movies with guns in them! I'd like to find out other anti-gun celebs. I'd even be curious to find out which celebs are totally pro-gun.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Some of the celebs who would surprise you are Drew Carey, Jimmy Walker, Clint Eastwood, Neal Peart, Kurt Russell, Howard Stern, Dixie Carter.

To be fair, I don't know that they're all pro-gun. I know that they're all libertarian, and I meet few libertarians (lower case) who are not also pro-gun.

To answer the question about how Wahlberg can be a convicted felon and not be arrested for being in possession of a firearm.... On the set, the props he holds are not likely to be real firearms. Off the set, training at a range... Maybe they had a police officer there to remain in actual possession of the gun even though he's training with it for his movie, or the producer might have filed a petition with the court to get special permission for him to do that. I'm just throwing out guesses, but while I think the law is bogus, as long as it is the law, I don't think there should be special exceptions made for the rich and famous.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Merchomini

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    True, but if the movies they are in don't make any money, and there is obvious public outcry against them, they aren't gonna get any more work after that.

I do agree that it doesn't affect their performance, and I often watch movies starring actors that are incredibly liberal. It's not like they're the ones doing the writing.

I could care less what celebrities do in their private lives, a good movie is a good movie.

Well said, but im a pretty liberal in most aspects other than my second amendment rights, not to mention guns are fun haha. So i cant not support them because they are liberal, im friends with people who have all kinds of beliefs and ideas. I also like alot of the actors on the list hahaha and they make some great movies. Like you said at the end of the day a good movie is a good movie, and im a movie buff so im gonna keep everything else separate. Plus i think to say that i dont support there movies because they are anti gun would be the same as i dont support anyone who is anti gun, and to put a blanket statement like that is kind of uneducated and ignorant.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    That's funny...the first line in that article is "They might not be dangerous, but they're armed."

Meanwhile the rest of us here in the unclean masses...it doesn't seem to me that an article about the average American gunowner would start off with "They might not be dangerous, but they're armed." :dunno:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    The studios and the actors wont get a dime out of me lol. I have thought the same thing about how he could have been firing weapons and maybe had a cop there or something I don't know. I'll sign up for twitter and ask him lol I don't support places that I find are anti gun at all. I was shopping for my gf's kids birthday yesterday and went on craigslist to get what I needed because Baby's r Us had a big sign on there window saying no guns. Call me hard headed, but to each his own. USA!!!!

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    From the article:

"One reason for the rise in interest seems to be the vulnerability some celebrities feel in the Internet age, where so much personal information can be accessed online."

Like who is licensed to carry.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Gun permit aren't easy, or cheap, to get. Applicants must show that they often carry large amounts of cash or valuables

Doesn't this describe MOST OF THE CRIMINALS?????

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Some of the celebs who would surprise you are Drew Carey, Jimmy Walker, Clint Eastwood, Neal Peart, Kurt Russell, Howard Stern, Dixie Carter.

To be fair, I don't know that they're all pro-gun. I know that they're all libertarian, and I meet few libertarians (lower case) who are not also pro-gun.

Blessings,
    Bill

I looked up Clint Eastwood because he is one of my favorite actors. Here's an interview he had: Clint - PRO Gun proof

It's kind of hard to read, so here's a recap. He seems to lean libertarian for the most part, but he is a backer of the Brady Bill. He says that it promotes safety more than anything else. :n00b: That being said, I still think this guy has far more common sense than most Hollywood Elites.

Also, here is a list of pro gun actors: Pro gun celebrities - TheFirearmsForum.Com

Ted Nugent is on there twice. :D haha

Top Bottom