• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Just got this in an email, so a heads up for those around the area.

"IUPUI Armed Robbery and attempted kidnapping Oct. 9, 2011. On Oct. 9, 2011, at approximately 3:30 p.m., a robbery and attempted kidnapping of an IUPUI student occurred at 10th & White River. The student was released unharmed. The suspects remain at large. The suspects are two black men, mid 20’s, driving a white 4-door Ford Taurus. Police do not believe suspects are still in the area everyone is encouraged to be safe and stay aware of your surroundings. For updates go to: Http://police.iupui.edu"

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for posting this.

I had to reread it a few times to make sure I didn't mistake the time that it occurred. 3:30PM. Broad daylight. Freaking amazing.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I saw this and it made me wonder when students can carry concealed weapons on campus. My daughter goes to school there and she would be an easy target for some thugs.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Robbing a college kid that is on foot, is going to net what? Five or ten bucks? These brave gunmen need to go back to Haughville and stick to robbing the winos.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    When they find the jerkoffs, they need to forego the court case and just beat the living, you know what, out of them. Beat the perps teeth out and they may find doing that crap again a little more than they would want to bite off!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I saw this and it made me wonder when students can carry concealed weapons on campus. My daughter goes to school there and she would be an easy target for some thugs.

My daughters always carried when they were in school, regardless of "school policies" that said otherwise.

Their position was that nobody would know they had a firearm unless it was needed. If it was needed, they would rather be around to deal with the violatoin of "school policy" than to not be around.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO

I doubt it will be any time soon. Pretty much every school is anti-gun. But hey, concealed is concealed, right?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I thought IUPUI was a gun-free and criminal-free zone? How did these crooks get through the invisible protective bubble? Didn't they see the signs? We need more laws, like, to make it double secret squirrel illegal to rob and kidnap someone, and threaten them with a weapon.

:rolleyes:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Robbing a college kid that is on foot, is going to net what? Five or ten bucks? These brave gunmen need to go back to Haughville and stick to robbing the winos.

A laptop, Iphone/pad/pod, credit cards, information that can be used for ID theft from someone who probably doesn't keep track of their credit information...lots of potentially good reasons for criminals to target college kids, especially since they believe they are in a bubble separate from the dangers of the outside world.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Or instead of cc possibly suggest try pepper spray taser and or riot batton? Less lethal and for most eould be bad guys enough of a deterant. Dont get me wrong would prefer cc but just throwing out suggestions. Glad person was released hope find these a holes. .. stay safe and stay sharp

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    A laptop, Iphone/pad/pod, credit cards, information that can be used for ID theft from someone who probably doesn't keep track of their credit information...lots of potentially good reasons for criminals to target college kids, especially since they believe they are in a bubble separate from the dangers of the outside world.

kinda sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder...im a college student at IUPUI and i certainly dont believe i am in a separate bubble from the dangers of the outside world...especially since campus is basically right downtown

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    A lot of people don't realize too, that there is a large market for human trafficking even in Indiana.....hence "attempted kidnapping"...very likely especially for a female victim

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Just saw this on the news this AM, so some clarification is in order, or not depending on the accuracy of this news report.

Kidnapping was a stretch since they picked him (HIM) up and then let him go. They got $700. It didn't happen on campus, but on White River Pkwy, near campus, but not ON campus.

Obviously there is something missing from this story.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Supposed I-phone purchase agreement from an individual on Craigslist.
    An easy mark for someone that knows no better.

I don't take credit cards so bring cash,
    meet me on the corner,
    and what color of shirt will you be wearing?

Really?

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    $700 dollars wonder if was meeting someone for sale on craigslist or something? I never had that kind of money as a college student with an apartment lol
    edit lol posted same time arm america lol

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Isn't 10th and white river off campus, west of the VA? Probably going to those awful apartment towers, the all white ones.

My former-HS quarterback still weight lifter friend was robbed at gunpoint across the street from University Hospital in the daylight. All people are targets.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Just saw this on the news this AM, so some clarification is in order, or not depending on the accuracy of this news report.

Kidnapping was a stretch since they picked him (HIM) up and then let him go. They got $700. It didn't happen on campus, but on White River Pkwy, near campus, but not ON campus.

Obviously there is something missing from this story.

"Obviously there is something missing from this story"

There sure is.... he was off campus and still missing a firearm!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I thought IUPUI was a gun-free and criminal-free zone? How did these crooks get through the invisible protective bubble? Didn't they see the signs? We need more laws, like, to make it double secret squirrel illegal to rob and kidnap someone, and threaten them with a weapon.

:rolleyes:

Stop making sense. You know that isn't allowed...

Top Bottom