• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    2A issues aside, let's not forget what swept Ballard into office in the first place. The Dems OWNED the county for 4 years and basically ran riot over anyone not in their constituency. We were looking at taxes getting higher and crumbling infrastructure. Whatever else he has done, Ballard has acted to get the county finances under control without significantly raising taxes, and excessive TAXES will destroy us as surely as anti-gun laws.

IIRC, Melina Kennedy wanted an ordinance banning firearms except under Chicago-esque rules. The local Democrat party is just Chicago-lite and the Chicago Machine has a great deal of influence over them. You allow the Dems to take control of the City/County at your peril.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think its a joke that its illegal to carry in Indy Parks. I spent a lot of time at Brookside Park, Washington Park and Willard Park growing up. From the things I have seen at these places theres no way Id go there without my pistol.

2A issues aside, let's not forget what swept Ballard into office in the first place. The Dems OWNED the county for 4 years and basically ran riot over anyone not in their constituency. We were looking at taxes getting higher and crumbling infrastructure. Whatever else he has done, Ballard has acted to get the county finances under control without significantly raising taxes, and excessive TAXES will destroy us as surely as anti-gun laws.

IIRC, Melina Kennedy wanted an ordinance banning firearms except under Chicago-esque rules. The local Democrat party is just Chicago-lite and the Chicago Machine has a great deal of influence over them. You allow the Dems to take control of the City/County at your peril.

Fortunately, come July 1, it doesn't matter what Kennedy, Ballard, or any other mayoral candidate wants, IN law will forbid any gun, ammo, or firearm accessory regulation other than related to discharge of a firearm at any level lower than the state legislature.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Fortunately, come July 1, it doesn't matter what Kennedy, Ballard, or any other mayoral candidate wants, IN law will forbid any gun, ammo, or firearm accessory regulation other than related to discharge of a firearm at any level lower than the state legislature.
    so then it will be legal to carry in indianapolis parks? and I can then OC instead of CC'ing now? :):

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010

So we will be legal to carry anywhere in Indiana? Is this something that has already passed or is still in the works?

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Mayor

What's happened within the Republican Party here is a reflection of the national level. The Republicans can't seem to come up with quality candidates. Ballard won due to taxpayer malcontent with issues the Mayor of Indpls can't control. I had big hopes for him but he's turned out to be less than expected. Melina Kennedy, on the other hand, has publicly announced (Indpls Star article some weeks ago) that she will align herself with Bloomberg's radically anti-2nd Amendment group. The good news is that a Mayor can't just make law.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Chicago: handgun freeze since 1983, no one but cops and crooks can carry, aimed at disarming Blacks.

New York City: expensive licensing to own and carry handguns, only connected and rich have licenses, aimed at disarming Italians.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Good thing I live in the northern part of the state. Even the Democrats up here don't mess with the gun issue.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Chicago: handgun freeze since 1983, no one but cops and crooks can carry, aimed at disarming Blacks.

New York City: expensive licensing to own and carry handguns, only connected and rich have licenses, aimed at disarming Italians.

Actually, in NYC you need a permit to own rifles and shotguns as well. Also, even if you have a valid carry permit from ANYWHERE else in the state, NYC does NOT honor it.

Top Bottom