• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And what part of those 2 morons' changes would have prevented the tragedy they're so happily using as an excuse to try to restrict our rights?? I'll bet even THEY don't have any idea...

And for the jackpot, I'll bet they don't even care.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    "They would also have instituted a ban on the sale of assault weapons, as defined by the report as selective-fire firearms capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or 35-burst fire at the option of the user."

I haven't seen one of these 35 burst fire weapons, wonder where you can get one that does all of this?
    If they use this as the definition of "assault weapons" we should be safe from their regulations. Such idiots!!!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    FTA:
    State Representative Ed DeLaney (D-Indianapolis) and State Senator Eddie Melton (D-Gary) were hoping to revamp Senate Bill 413 as a new gun reform bill in response to the mass shooting at the FedEx facility in Indianapolis.

The changes to the bill would have mandated universal background checks for gun sales and set legal penalties for failure to comply. They would also have instituted a ban on the sale of assault weapons, as defined by the report as selective-fire firearms capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or 35-burst fire at the option of the user.
    Oh, look: proposed measures that would have had exactly zero impact on the violent act that the measures are allegedly in response to.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    In the last paragraph of that article, it states that Republicans in the Senate passed Senate Resolution 39 on April 9th. So, there is some GOOD news in that article. Check out the Senate Resolution 39

(I searched and couldn't find a link or thread to SR 39, so sorry if it's a dupe)
    Unfortunately, a Senate Resolution is, essentially, meaningless. It has no legal weight. It is all bark, no bite - all hat, no cattle.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Unfortunately, a Senate Resolution is, essentially, meaningless. It has no legal weight. It is all bark, no bite - all hat, no cattle.
    Sure, resolutions have no teeth but at least you get an idea on where your Senator stands on 2nd Amendment issues. But as we've seen in the past by others, it doesn't MEAN they'll vote to support the 2nd.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Sure, resolutions have no teeth but at least you get an idea on where your Senator stands on 2nd Amendment issues. But as we've seen in the past by others, it doesn't MEAN they'll vote to support the 2nd.
    A senate resolution doesn't tell me diddly squat about where my Senator stands on 2nd Amendment issues. To the contrary, the senate passing a toothless resolution while spiking a bona fide 2A bill tells me exactly where Senators stand on 2nd Amendment issues. The resolution is nothing more than chaff - a distraction from their refusal to advance an actual, pro-2A bill.

Top Bottom