• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Although my wife may not appreciate the "coolness" of this, I think my friends at INGO will. My wife's grandpa just gave me two rifle's and a double barreled shotgun. I now have a Marlin 1892 with an octagon barrel, beautiful buckhorn rear sight and a long (1970's Lincoln Continental looking) front sight. He also gave me a Winchester Model 61 which is scoped with an old Redfield. Last is a double barreled shotgun which is still at his house so I don't know much about it yet. Aren't grandpas awesome! I'm happy to have a piece of heritage to pass to my boys! Now I need to find a safe I can afford to better house these antiques. :D

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Congrats man. I have received several guns from my grandpa through the years. I found an old JC Higgins Model 66 with a poly choke in the back of a closet we were cleaning out after my grandmother passed. It had a broken charging handle, but Numerich solved that problem. He and I replaced the broken one with the new one last weekend. I realize this gun is probably not worth what the part cost to replace, but this is a gun that I will never get rid of.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Just a sobering thought. It's great to receive guns owned by family or good friends. Just remember that there may be a time that those and good memories are all that are left of them. Don't miss a chance to visit, thank, take'em to dinner, or shoot the breeze. For as with us all "Each moment may be the moment you take your last breathe...Don't want to be a gloomy Gus, personally I've missed more than a few oppurtunities...Learn From Others Mistakes....Duce<><

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    every time i touch the jc higgins 12 guage gramps left me, i think of all the good times that papaw told me to keep my gruby little hands off of it.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Doing just that!

Just a sobering thought. It's great to receive guns owned by family or good friends. Just remember that there may be a time that those and good memories are all that are left of them. Don't miss a chance to visit, thank, take'em to dinner, or shoot the breeze. For as with us all "Each moment may be the moment you take your last breathe...Don't want to be a gloomy Gus, personally I've missed more than a few oppurtunities...Learn From Others Mistakes....Duce<><

My wifes grandma just passes away and we are taking the opportunities we still have to visit with him. We take our three young boys, a meal, and eat with him once a week. I don't have any regrets with the time I had with my grandma and I think we'll be able to say the same thing about him. As part of the gift I insisted that he tell me all he can remember about the guns so I can better appreciate them. Thanks for speaking the truth...:)

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    I started this thread a long time ago and finally made time to take a few shots of two of the fore mentioned rifles. ***Having some trouble loading the the other one, I'll keep trying***

photo 1 (1).JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

Top Bottom