• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LA emigrants? Yeah, that's a threat. But, I'd wager the Northerners are far less liberal.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/26/8941...ople-from-paradise-put-down-roots-in-tennesse

As to Colorado, a lot of Denver's liberals came from the Midwest. I'm happy to send them there.

My SIL is from Indiana, her husband from Chicago, and they moved to Denver 20 years ago. They liked skiing and environmentalism and they moved there for that, and to be crunchy. But then they started complaining because Californians were moving there. Not that they disagreed with them ideologically. Just seeing too many California license tags I guess. There's also some animosity because they can't water their lawns because water must be conserved to send to California. But the Californians can water their lawns.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I saw a couple studies on this that were interesting. I wish I could find the link but the guy who studied California migration to Texas did a study on their voting habits and with almost 180,000 per year moving to Texas to California it could turn Blue and then we are screwed. However, in his study over the past 10 years he watched the voting results of certain areas that had heavy migration and he noticed that the average former Californian in Texas would start out voting very liberal but within 5 years the freedoms and views of other Texans had converted them to either voting Republican or at least becoming a Moderate. So maybe there's still hope?

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    I saw a couple studies on this that were interesting. I wish I could find the link but the guy who studied California migration to Texas did a study on their voting habits and with almost 180,000 per year moving to Texas to California it could turn Blue and then we are screwed. However, in his study over the past 10 years he watched the voting results of certain areas that had heavy migration and he noticed that the average former Californian in Texas would start out voting very liberal but within 5 years the freedoms and views of other Texans had converted them to either voting Republican or at least becoming a Moderate. So maybe there's still hope?

That’s what I hope for.

Places turning blue is not just coming from state to state migration and immigration, but from young voters. Our schools have steadily become indoctrination factories for the left. The books, the teachers, the tests - all are pushing leftist values.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Pushing globaloney.

I draw that distinction only because for decades the republithugs and dummycrats both have been pushing the globalist agenda while presenting themselves as "left versus right".

Top Bottom