• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    The other day I went up to Davidson's Gallery of Guns to check and see if they had any SR1911's available. When it returned the results it came back with 2 models, the standard all stainless and this new one that I hadn't seen announced yet. I didn't screen shot the actual page in Chrome, just saved the picture because I thought "oh, that looks sweet". I went back there today to check it out and low and behold, the part was taken out of inventory. Lucky for me I still had the picture on my desktop, so enjoy!

picture.php

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yeah I saw they had the TALO edition up there. I'm not sure why they would take it down. TALO does a lot of special edition stuff for Ruger. It's just a SR1911 that TALO had dressed up.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was chatting with the president of TALO Group recently and I gave him a hard time about commissioning a TALO edition SR1911, when Ruger couldn't make enough of the base models to even begin to satisfy demand.

I have no idea if/when the TALO SR1911s will actually become available. They are showing up in our distributors' systems now, but with "0" quantity. I'm betting we won't see them this year.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    I was chatting with the president of TALO Group recently and I gave him a hard time about commissioning a TALO edition SR1911, when Ruger couldn't make enough of the base models to even begin to satisfy demand.

I have no idea if/when the TALO SR1911s will actually become available. They are showing up in our distributors' systems now, but with "0" quantity. I'm betting we won't see them this year.

seriously, i'm still patiently waiting for the call that mine is ready to pick up. hoping it happens before the end of the year :xmad:

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Man that 1911 is a turn on, I can foresee one in my hands. At least my crystal ball shows it.

Guy on Gunbroker is offering free shipping on the Ruger SR1911's till end of year. Price is $699. But it's not the Talo

Name is dcrent. I've dealt with him before. Nice guy.

Last edited:

Spinaltapls1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Avon, IN
    I was going to order the regular sr1911, but i think i might haft to look into this new one. This will be my first 1911 and i really like the ruger it will look good next to the sr556 i got last winter.

Top Bottom