• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Every really great lie or conspiracy is built upon fragments of truth artfully arranged and constructed to make the lie or conspiracy seem plausible.

I'm pretty sure this article or one like it was posted a couple of months ago.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    That was Michael Moore's take in "Bowling". He tried to cast all gun owners as lunatic and paranoid.

I suppose that's true of the other rights in the BoR as well.

These people are incurable. They need to find a country with values commensurate with their own. DPRK comes to mind.

flag-31.gif

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    At the time slaves were not allowed to own weapons, otherwise they would not have been slaves. It's a stretch to say it was written or ratified to preserve salvery but what can you expect from the left.
    On the other hand taking away the 2nd amendment would be the next logical step toward making us all slaves.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    There's way too much wrong with that article to correct.

Suffice it to say it's much easier just to throw the whole thing out as a lie than it is to bother picking it apart.

About the only accuracy I found is that there actually WAS a year 1755 and a year 1757.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    There's way too much wrong with that article to correct.

Suffice it to say it's much easier just to throw the whole thing out as a lie than it is to bother picking it apart.

About the only accuracy I found is that there actually WAS a year 1755 and a year 1757.

Indeed! In fact he actually ends up making the point that disarming a people is necessary to keep them in slavery. Of course nobody here on INGO would consider that a revelation.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Condoleezza Rice would disagree. I've heard her tell the story of how her father and his neighbors cordoned off the street they lived on and patrolled the neighborhood with long guns due to KKK violence in their town in Alabama during the late 1960's.

Most of the history I've read indicates that gun control was seen as a way to keep minorities "in their place", by leaving them defenseless against organizations like the KKK. Pretty much the exact opposite of what that article says.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Most of the history I've read indicates that gun control was seen as a way to keep minorities "in their place", by leaving them defenseless against organizations like the KKK. Pretty much the exact opposite of what that article says.

I couldn't agree more. One simply needs to look at all the countries lead by dictators to know that one of the first agendas they have is disarming the people. Its easy to control those with the inability to defend themselves. To quote Loki from the avengers, "an ant has no quarrel with a boot."

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Our founders must have placed high value on slaves to make the right to bear arms the 2nd Amendment, just after free speech and religion. :n00b:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom