• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've never had the pleasure and honor of meeting Clint Smith, but based on his videos I would describe him as grouchy, not angry. He's that grouchy uncle that every one who isn't an idiot likes to have around as much as possible because of what he has to say and how he says it. Awesomely grouchy.

I would describe Louis Awerbuck (RIP) the same way. For someone who claimed he had no sense of humor, he was hilarious. And grumpy. And awesome.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    More gold (a lot of it) from Clint.

Note for the haters - this is a Tactical Response video of their crew taking the Thunder Ranch Counter Sniper course.

Totally NSFW...

[video=youtube;jCJ0DlqoTPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJ0DlqoTPQ[/video]

[video=youtube;1qYCW-KyxMI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qYCW-KyxMI[/video]

[video=youtube;awCO9WQmc9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCO9WQmc9Y[/video]

[video=youtube;Rqx6vP2KuJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqx6vP2KuJ4[/video]

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I had some strange things go down in the tower last few times. Think it was the ear pro and the sound bouncing off the block.

Carbine class, all external targets, climb up ladder, drop down hatch and work your way down.

I was in middle of pack, think 9. Uncle Ray had the floor I was entering. I call out "Nine coming down!"

I hear "Unload and clear" *pause* "9, Come down!"

Well, I unload and clear and come down stairs. As I shuffle step to where Uncle Ray is pointing, I prep to slide into CA kneeling.

Uncle Ray starts giving me the business. "Why are you not hot, 9? Where is your magazine? We are all going to die if you don't fix your problem."

I load as I am sliding into the shooting position to engage. I ping away on the pepper poppers.

To this day I am convinced he did this to try to psych me out. If deliberate, it worked. I was all kinds of confused for the rest of the tower runs.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I've never had the pleasure and honor of meeting Clint Smith, but based on his videos I would describe him as grouchy, not angry. He's that grouchy uncle that every one who isn't an idiot likes to have around as much as possible because of what he has to say and how he says it. Awesomely grouchy.

I would describe Louis Awerbuck (RIP) the same way. For someone who claimed he had no sense of humor, he was hilarious. And grumpy. And awesome.

as I have found out a few years back when I retired from being nice to the public for 45 years in commission only sales that now like Smitty I can tell it like I feel it with no worries what the public might think. To consider the thoughts of those that think they know just isn’t in me anymore. There is perception. There is reality. We are all somewhere between the two.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    NSFW, it's Clint ;).

Hoosier Clint from Indiana, if I heard it correctly...

[video=youtube;diQG-ZGZBjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diQG-ZGZBjs[/video]

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    NSFW, it's Clint ;).

Hoosier Clint from Indiana, if I heard it correctly...

[video=youtube;diQG-ZGZBjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diQG-ZGZBjs[/video]

Yes as real on tape as he is in person.. In case you were not paying attention 9:50, 11:48, and 13:18 Priceless

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    NSFW...

[video=youtube;Nei4dSfsqgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nei4dSfsqgs&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=Gu n+Talk+Media+Newsletter&utm_campaign=eb2edbbf0b-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_02_04_06_57&utm_medium=email&u tm_term=0_f041370629-eb2edbbf0b-99662737&ct=t%28EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2_4_2020_13_2%29[/video]

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    NSFW...

[video=youtube;Nei4dSfsqgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nei4dSfsqgs&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=Gu n+Talk+Media+Newsletter&utm_campaign=eb2edbbf0b-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_02_04_06_57&utm_medium=email&u tm_term=0_f041370629-eb2edbbf0b-99662737&ct=t%28EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2_4_2020_13_2%29[/video]

yep... he gets hate mail from the noobs and wannabes too.

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Unpopular opinion: Clint Smith isn’t that great. He’s funny because he’s a gravel-voiced old fella who cusses a lot. But, if someone wrote the actual information down like they were sending it in a business email, the content isn’t ground-breaking. I realize how popular he is, so I’m willing to admit I’m wrong, but I think the same content delivered in a different manner wouldn’t be as revered.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Unpopular opinion: Clint Smith isn’t that great. He’s funny because he’s a gravel-voiced old fella who cusses a lot. But, if someone wrote the actual information down like they were sending it in a business email, the content isn’t ground-breaking. I realize how popular he is, so I’m willing to admit I’m wrong, but I think the same content delivered in a different manner wouldn’t be as revered.
    While some of what you say I agree with, the point for me, I get to hear the wisdom from one of the guys who were the original breakers of the ground:oldwise:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I wouldn't say Clint is great I would say he gives his opinion on things directly, no pu**yfooting around and that's what I like. Does he contradict himself, yep. In the video MCgrease posted he says keep and open mind but also says stop dicking around with PCC right after he pretty much says the M1 Carbine (basically a PCC) is great for his mom. He is just giving his thoughts, it's up to people to use their intelligence to form their own conclusions. I learned more from listening to people with experience way more than I learned from a book. A lot of times when I'm doing something and then something happens that I was told about by someone, I always think that SOB was right.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I wouldn't say Clint is great I would say he gives his opinion on things directly, no pu**yfooting around and that's what I like. Does he contradict himself, yep. In the video MCgrease posted he says keep and open mind but also says stop dicking around with PCC right after he pretty much says the M1 Carbine (basically a PCC) is great for his mom. He is just giving his thoughts, it's up to people to use their intelligence to form their own conclusions. I learned more from listening to people with experience way more than I learned from a book. A lot of times when I'm doing something and then something happens that I was told about by someone, I always think that SOB was right.
    JMHO Agree with Clint or not at least he can back up his game unlike a lot of others ( I mean he built a pretty good buisness and was hired by a lot of places most here probably couldn't make the cut for)

Before retirement I was involved with Agency firearms training through FLETC with a lot of SMG experience (close enough to PCC). What Clint addresses on PCC is pretty much true. Most agencies got away from SMG stuff because a 10 to 15" SMG did very little more performance wise than a 5" sidearm (even 16 or 20" doesn't make it that great)

If you like them you like them and there can be a couple places for a PCC in a home defense role (an older person that has no interest in a handgun I get as they can be more accurate for the least experienced shooter) ) but from seeing performance in a LE type capacity a lot of people making decisions aren't sold on them as the push back to M4 stuff is across the board. (Was at joint training with FBI SWAT back in 2009 and they dumped the MP5 and use M4 with 55 gr for building entries)

To me it seems the biggest boom recently is the addition of PCC categories in a few shooting sports. So the competitors seem to have the most heartburn when someone criticize the practical role of a PCC.

While thats their buisness, I do laugh at the bragging types boasting "I'm overall top 4 in Practiscore" results on FB. Like dude you had 30 rounds to everyone elses 8 to 19 etc (depending on IDPA or USPSA) you should have beat all the handguns.

Top Bottom