• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I decided to lighten up the trigger some more on my new Savege MKIIBV , and wound up removing two and half coils from the trigger spring, I now have it at 1.5 lbs, and breaks like glass. My buddy Red and I are about to have heat stroke from shooting at his 100 yd. range. So far the best ammo is Ely Sport, followed closely by CCI 40 grain mini mags. The cheap winchester in the 333 box, these are hollow points and to my surprise shoot great in the little Savage. Also we shot some Rimington Tornadoes, and Rimington Cyclones, they were both in the 2 inch at 100 yard catagory. We also tried some Rimington Tornadoes from the bulk loose pac, and they are a disaster, they shoot what I call a Pattern not a group. These rounds are nothing like the same tornadoes from the 50 round boxes. I guess we can shoot em up practicing with the pistol. Today I recieved a shipment of CCI standard Velosity, I have heard good stuff about this ammo, and Have used the Mini Mags for years. For now the rifle is clean and in the rack, I will do some more shooting soon. I like the Accutrigger, before I got this rifle I figured I would wind up changing out the trigger, but find it works great and can be set very light without being dangerious.
    Bill....

Top Bottom