• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    From the people who brought you the "Rolling Thunder" shotgun with the "Image Enhancer" muzzle device:
    50665.jpg

and the 702 Plinkster with the AR-50 style brake:
    37151.jpg

Comes the Model 500 "Chainsaw":
    mosschainsaw.jpg

:n00b: :scratch::ugh::rofl::puke:

Oh, and a "Blackwater Edition" 500 Cruiser and 930SPX... :rolleyes:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Somebody at mossburg watches toooo many zombie movies and checks with hollywould on firearms design,

really guys the chainsaw looks like a useless toy

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    looking at it more closely, it actually just looks like a three rail fore end with an actual handle from a electric chainsaw or weedwacker. almost looks like a hillbillitacti upgrade really

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Well, the chainsaw style foregrip is a complete joke in my opinion. The fact remains that at least they put something a little more appropriate on the end of the barrel. A .50cal style muzzle brake or the large chunk of uselessness in the previous pictures looked much more retarded than the newest. Though, one other thought, is that if your weedeater handle ever breaks, you've now got a backup option.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    Haha! :wow:
    I wasn't even aware of the first 2 you posted til now! Then you hit me with the 'Chainsaw' :):

It looks like they did their R&D and/or marketing research to come up with this by sending out a survey to online gamers.

Somebody at mossburg watches toooo many zombie movies and checks with hollywould on firearms design,

really guys the chainsaw looks like a useless toy

QFT & QFT.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    From the people who brought you the "Rolling Thunder" shotgun with the "Image Enhancer" muzzle device:

Comes the Model 500 "Chainsaw":
    mosschainsaw.jpg

:n00b: :scratch::ugh::rofl::puke:

Oh, and a "Blackwater Edition" 500 Cruiser and 930SPX... :rolleyes:

Somehow I overlooked the chainsaw handle and was like hmm...tacticooled out so I wouldn't have to do that then I looked again and caught it. I'm really not sure what to think of that.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This is the only "Chainsaw" I'd be interested in.

2009shotshow-day3-2009shotshow-01172009-001.jpg

Knights Armament Chain SAW | The Firearm Blog

:rockwoot:
    That's what I thought of when I read the OP. IMHO, that thing is on a whole different level of awesome than the "500 chainsaw". At least if you're going to do it, do it right, make it FA and put a chainsaw style rear grip on it. Mossberg just can't get it right...

:ar15:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Can you blame Mossberg? Blame the customers! a good deal of todays gun owners eat theat crap up! make it black and make it look like something used in a video game and they will sell a ton.
    In recent years there has been a major boost in sales for tacticool crap...in the past 4-5 years I have yet to walk into a gun store and not hear the words call of duty or some zombie related movie or video game. there is a whole GIANT group of people out there {usually late teens-20's} who want to emulate thier favorite video game/movie character and these new offering from Mossberg look like something that would easily fit a game or movie. put that "chainsaw" shotgun in some block buster zombie movie and I bet $100 that these things would be flying off the shelves.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I agree with RelicHound 100%. For those of you who have never shot a pistol grip 12 gauge shotgun, the recoil is very severe and they are impossible to shoot accurate without a tremendous amount of practice. I know. I have owned several of them. However, in a 20 gauge, which I have also owned and fired a lot, the recoil is far less.

Top Bottom