• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We cooked up anothor zip lock bag full Monday. We found most on Saturday and Sunday. I'd like to find another bag full.

Mom, I haven;t had May Apples since I was probably 8-9 years old. We knew where a big patch grew and were some sassafras was. We use to cut off pieces and chew on it. So long ago.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We cooked up anothor zip lock bag full Monday. We found most on Saturday and Sunday. I'd like to find another bag full.

Mom, I haven;t had May Apples since I was probably 8-9 years old. We knew where a big patch grew and were some sassafras was. We use to cut off pieces and chew on it. So long ago.

That is the only patch we have on our property but it seems to get bigger every year. I need to go to the back of the property tomorrow and see what I can find. One of the neighbors posted some pictures on FB last night of morels that they found, and I'm not sure if they were in their yard or our woods....I didn't want to accuse since I wasn't sure what direction the photo was taken in, but it looked more like our property than theirs. Maybe we have them back there and just haven't gone far enough to find them. Today's rain might help more pop up.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That is the only patch we have on our property but it seems to get bigger every year. I need to go to the back of the property tomorrow and see what I can find. One of the neighbors posted some pictures on FB last night of morels that they found, and I'm not sure if they were in their yard or our woods....I didn't want to accuse since I wasn't sure what direction the photo was taken in, but it looked more like our property than theirs. Maybe we have them back there and just haven't gone far enough to find them. Today's rain might help more pop up.

Wet and cold mornings seem to help pop them up. I an going to have the boy make another pass threw the hot spots. This has been the best year in 4-5 years. I'd love another few pounds.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I haven't had a chance to go out looking this week. Just walked out into the back yard to burn the garbage and got a tick....just pulled that sucker off of the back of my arm. Check yourself if you have been in the woods! I have two coworkers being treated for Lyme disease.

Top Bottom