• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    once Morels are at their peak time, about how long will they be around? Also, any particular tips on finding them?

I hope we have three or four weeks this year.

As far as tips on finding them, lol I'm the wrong guy apparently. I do know that if you don't get out, you will not find them.

Do look up "false morel" and don't eat them. Some mushrooms taste good and some can give you kidney failure.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I went 2 different places one close to home in Decatur county and waited till it got to 70 degrees no luck then we drove to Jennings county and tried down there and had no luck.I think we need a good rain.Still enjoyed getting in the woods though.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I found none this weekend, guessing the cold snap shut them off for a bit.

The current conditions bode well for the next few days though...

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I got skunked last evening also,but any walk in the woods is better than sitting at home! Took pictures of lots of early wildflowers...Red Trillium,Virginia Bluebells,Dutchman's Breeches.I love when the plants are waking up!

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Has anyone ever found a morel at Eagle Creek? I figure if I ain't gonna find none, at least I didn't have to drive too far. My Hoosier wife showed me how, but it didn't take. I've found maybe 3 myself over the years. Now that's better than b4 she showed me. She's out of town for another week, so I'm on my own.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I looked yesterday it the woods at the park. I didn't see any sign of any. I did however enjoy a nice walk in the creek bed. I don't think it's been warm or humid enough here yet for them to start popping up. I didn't notice any this morning either but I didn't venture as far into the woods since it was starting to sprinkle.

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I heard about the festival and is it at Bill Monroes we have alot of fond memories of that place over the years.Boogie and Bikerfest but always like other reasons to show up,can you give us the particulars.

Top Bottom