• ...and so much more!
  • Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Looking to touch base with some like-minded folks in Morgan County. Novice here, just beginning my journey to self-sufficiency and hoped to find mentors & other beginners to share with.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    I'm in the Mooresville area, I would consider myself to be a beginner as far as prepping goes, but I think I could handle most minor SHTF situations on my own with plans for a BOL for the major SHTF.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'd like to mention that SHTF doesn't automatically meanhoards of zombies or economic collapse. It can be as simple as an extended power outage/ice storm, fire, flood, loss of income, etc....you can be prepared for TEOTWAWKI and still not survive the loss of your job....

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Morgan County

You should come down to the next MSG3 meeting in Bloomington ( eat and meet) and say hello. If I can keep my wife out of trouble, I might be able to go to the next one.

There is a msg3 meeting thread someplace on this part of the site.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Longbow, I live pretty close to these guys and have wanted to participate in the MSG but it is just not going to happen if it means traveling to Bloomington. What do you suppose it would take to start a small MSG locally? Would anyone be interested? I actually know a few others in the area that would likely be interested in taking part too. Oh, and there won't be any trouble in this neck of the woods finding a venue that will let us carry either;)

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I would be interested in this as well. I live between Martinsville & Morgantown.

Longbow, I live pretty close to these guys and have wanted to participate in the MSG but it is just not going to happen if it means traveling to Bloomington. What do you suppose it would take to start a small MSG locally? Would anyone be interested? I actually know a few others in the area that would likely be interested in taking part too. Oh, and there won't be any trouble in this neck of the woods finding a venue that will let us carry either;)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I propose a "sub" MSG3 to close the gap between the groups. Perhaps a rep from the MSG3 that attends the meetings can participate (at least in the beginning) to help coordinate the efforts and keep us all on the same page. There seems to be enough interest just based upon this thread and I do see our membership in this area growing at a pretty good pace. Any other thoughts?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Where to meet? I have no problem other than my schedule is day to day with my wife.

Toss some dates out my way. Martinsville is only 30 minutes or less from my place. We could meet at one of the restaurants in Martinsville. I'm sure some of the Bloomington area group members would come. I can even drive a few of them if they like.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom