• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    What about Dunaway's or Mo's - ? Both are also very nice. I really like the rooftop at Dunaway's in the summer.

And if you are ever in Tampa, you gotta try Bern's, and take the kitchen tour after your meal. Absolutely amazing.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Morton's downtown Indy serves fine food on par with the other premier steakhouses in town; however, the ambiance isn't the best. The entire restaurant is below ground with no views of the city outside. Almost like you're eating in someone's basement or a cave.

If it's equal money and equal food, I would choose another establishment where at least you have a view of the city as it goes by. Perhaps a table in the bar at Ruth's Chris as you watch the pedestrians walk by.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Being in the basement is definitely different, but I'd put Morton's steaks > Ruth's Chris any day. Everyone has different tastes, so YMMV. For ME, Morton's steaks are probably second for flavor (to St. Elmo's), but #1 for tenderness. You hear the phrase "melts in your mouth" all the time, but Morton's is one of the few that really approach that level of tenderness.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Being in the basement is definitely different, but I'd put Morton's steaks > Ruth's Chris any day. Everyone has different tastes, so YMMV. For ME, Morton's steaks are probably second for flavor (to St. Elmo's), but #1 for tenderness. You hear the phrase "melts in your mouth" all the time, but Morton's is one of the few that really approach that level of tenderness.

This....Morton's has excellent steak.

And as other said if you haven't ever tried Fogo De Chao you have to. Excellent for true meat eaters!

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The best Indy has to offer (which is rather limited compared to other cities of comparable size.) Out the door for two? It can be done for $80 but realistically $100-115.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    tumblr_lm7q22PYpu1qey5y8.jpg

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    Fogo de chao is my favorite steak house. It is the one i prefer over everything else that I have tried. That being said, I havent tried them all. I am keeping an open mind and I will be trying mortons soon. All of this steak discussion has my mouth watering for a large delicious hunk o steak.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Most Morton's are in basements like the Indy location or have no windows. Vegas and Orlando are two that I have been too that are not and Vegas actually has windows where Orlando is just the bar area. A few years ago a friend of mine / new aircraft sales rep booked a room at the Orlando restaurant for the week of the convention. Already had bottles of Silver Oak ( Napa Valley) on the table, salads, sides, etc, all you had to do was wait for them to bring the menu in and choose your steak. Things got crazy one night and we all ended up with pig lamps. Of the high end steak houses Morton's has the more "manly" setting.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i need to find a great steakhouse, and this thread may just be perfect.

just needsomeplace that has a 32 oz dry aged and marinated porterhouse. black & blue is the only way to go on that :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

just needsomeplace that has a 32 oz dry aged and marinated porterhouse. black & blue is the only way to go on that :D
    Then you need to go to Carnevino in Vegas. Very expensive, but just what you're looking for.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Almost forgot. If you're in the mood to DIY, take a trip over to Cinci to Jungle Jim's and just buy the dry aged beef then grill it up yourself.

Top Bottom