• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Ok. I am looking for some advice. I have a non numbers matching Mosins that I picked up cheap. I just bought a 24 inch heavy barrel for it from Classic arms.
    My question is who is a competent gunsmith in the Fort Wayne area to switch out the barrel for now? My future plans are for a custom stock, some trigger work, and sight/ scope drilling. I am going to have to have it done in stages. Who does good work in my area. I realize that the new barrel will have to be headspaced and timed correctly in addition to getting the old barrel off the receiver.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I'm sure this is to far away but I'm throwing it in any way. Farr and Sons in Niles Michigan did all of my work. Changing the barrel, new stock, changing the bolt and mounting the scope. 2 week turn around and excellent work. Just 15 minutes from Elkhart. Bob and Steve are Master gunsmiths, Sig, S&W,Colt, and almost anything else. Great people to deal with! Around $325 for my work. 269-684-7068. I provided all the parts, this fee was for there labor. It gives you an idea.....

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Thanks for the information! That is kindle far but I have taken longer trips for goofier things! Glad to know they did good work for you. How does your finished product shoot? Which stock did you go with? What trigger work did you have done?

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Seriously? Only one reply. I think everyone is getting way too predictable. I guess ill leave everyone alone and let you discuss your plain jane firearms. Anyone have a suggestion for a forum where people think outside the box?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Jerry Johnson in Churubusco can do everything you want to do. His contact info is in the stickies. If you can't find it, just PM me and I will get you together.

Edit to add, his phone number is 260-693-1902. He has been building rifles his entire adult life.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom