• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    ran up to henryville ranges today (watch the ice) and shot the Mosin..... high and to the right...I thought Commies were to the left!... didn't get to get it on paper, but killed some snow and dirt, group seemed tight...

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    After some tweaks to my M44, (yes, my mosin madness has flared up again) I decided to take some glamour shots and share... I couldn't help myself

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I myself just pick up a mosin. Why in the world i waited so long i will never know. Does any one know a good way of cleaning this rifle for the first time? Getting the cosmolin off of the gun. Just looking for some suggestions. thanks

Maybe a little cold right now, but wrap it up in newspaper, put it in a black trash bag, and put it out in the sun. Nothing makes cosmoline run faster than heat and the newspaper soaks it up.

worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Its like a disease and lays potato chips all rolled into one....No one can have just one and the itch keeps coming back. I have been trying to figure out how to store all of the bayonets...tent stakes....marshmallow roasters the ideas keep coming.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Its like a disease and lays potato chips all rolled into one....No one can have just one and the itch keeps coming back. I have been trying to figure out how to store all of the bayonets...tent stakes....marshmallow roasters the ideas keep coming.

...Extremely dangerous hood ornament?!

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

Stick a pair in the wall and hang long arms on 'em. A pair should hold 4 or 5 rifles. . .

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I really need to stop making threads in the middle of the night. I'll post my odd experience here:

I had been having feed issues with my M44. It would catch up when I loaded the magazine to 5, either by hand or with stripper clips. I swapped what is apparently called the interrupter assembly with the one in my 91/30. This sorta fixed the issue, but it still jammed up more than I would have liked. I then swapped the bottom spring in the magazine and bam, it works smooth now. The weird part is you'd think the 91/30 would now have the problem that the M44 was having with it's parts in there, but it works fine.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I can't speak for Southern Indiana, but K&T Guns in New Haven has them in stock for $125.99. I got mine for a little cheaper today because there was a chip in the stock. It came with all the goodies; ammo pouches, oil can, tools, bayonet, and sling. I can't flippin wait to shoot this thing. I wasn't even looking for one and it caught my eye yesterday when I was buying a different gun. Feelin all nostalgic and what not!!

Oliver08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Grant county,IN
    I was wondering if anyone has ever shot the 91/30 in the wood stock with out the upper handguard and barrel rings. I have been thinking about getting another stock and cuting off the thinner end, but I'm worried that it would pull the screws threw with out the bands to hold the barrel in. Thanks

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    OK now this is getting silly....I want a Finnish mosin now!!!! Stop me before I buy another Mosin.....not really, but I want one now!!!!! what is this bug? can it be cured?

Top Bottom