• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    OK, I finally gave in and sent AIM $80 + shipping for one of these 1943 war relics. It is in excellent condition considering it's 66 years old. I hope I look as good at that age. I spent an hour last night cleaning the black bore and the excess lubricant so I could shoot it today.

Well, it's definitely not a shooter. More than half of the rounds keyholed with these light, 147 grain, loads. I'm thinking the bore may be shot out.

Anyone have any experiences to share or recommendations?

Mike

swissrifles1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Near South Bend
    Mike, stick a round in the muzzle.if it swallows it?, it might need a re crown or counterbore. If thats ok?, look at the bore, muzzle end to eye, breach end (with bolt removed) to a light. If the lands look very rounded off?. Well its pretty shot. If you have any of this?, I would send it back for a refund or another rifle?. AIM, does have an excellent rep on all the boards I visit. They probably would exchange it.
    Also:, try some different ammo.

outlaw2842

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i would call them and ask them if they could do an exchange for another rifle before i would do anything with it.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    this is why im not a huge fan of "ordering" a used gun off of a website.usually when im looking at a used gun i look it over for a good 20-30 min atleast.hopefully you can get a hold of them and see they can replace the one you got with another.

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    I was wrong on the round I was firing.... the bullet weighs 183 grains..... maybe too heavy for this rifle?

I'm corresponding with Bryan at Aim. I know that things will work out fine with them. They are a first class act.

Redneck, I hear ya on the inspection, but I was willing to take a chance on a low price rifle like this.

Mike

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I couldn't hit a thing with my M44, but can part a man's hair at 300 yards with my 91/30. ...well maybe not that good, but you get the point. If the bore is good and everything, maybe bench it or have someone else shoot it. Otherwise, im sure AIM will swap it.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    I couldn't hit a thing with my M44, but can part a man's hair at 300 yards with my 91/30. ...well maybe not that good, but you get the point. If the bore is good and everything, maybe bench it or have someone else shoot it. Otherwise, im sure AIM will swap it.
    im with you on this one ive owned numerous M44's cant hit nothing.give me a 91/30 i can hit about anything im aiming at.

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    I spoke with Bryan at AIM and he suggested my ammo was too heavy at 183 gr and suggested a lighter round at 147 gr or so and that did the trick. This baby is an absolute hoot to shoot!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom