• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I picked one of these up the other day too. For the price I figured why not. I havent shot it yet but I will soon I hope. I was wondering though, how many variations of them do they make. I have a 91/30 I think and I would like to pick up more. For the price why not.

There are many, many variations. According to this author, well over 260. This link will explain and list....:)

Variations of the Rifles Mosin-Nagant

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Every time I visit Midwest, I always have to go check out the Mosin's.

So many times I wanted to go through that crate but felt I might get yelled at if I did.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    oh yeah whats the c&r license mentioned to buy one of these?

I believe thats a curio and relic license. There are links here about them.

As far as ammo goes, the only thing I have shot thru mine is the cheap that comes in a plain brown paper wrapper. Not sure who makes it or where it came from but the 60 rounds I shot went bang everytime.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    are the mosins ammo picky or doesnt matter and wheres the best place to buy the ammo of that caliber?

Some can be, others don't seem to care what ammo you feed 'em.
    Best place to buy ammo, at least in bulk, is online. Many good suppliers out there.
    The C&R license allows an individual to buy certain types of firearms with out going through the NICS check and from places that one could not ordinarily buy them. There are certain regulations that need to be followed, mostly regarding record keeping, but those are a small price to pay. It is NOT a dealer's license but is intended for people to improve their personal collection.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Very nice rifle!

I believe thats a curio and relic license. There are links here about them.

As far as ammo goes, the only thing I have shot thru mine is the cheap that comes in a plain brown paper wrapper. Not sure who makes it or where it came from but the 60 rounds I shot went bang everytime.

Sounds like surplus so I hope you cleaned it for corrosive primers afterwards.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    cool thanks for the info. i just got one and wsasnt sure about the ammo.
    I own a 1944 91/30. I love this little rifle. Well its not so little. Mine kicks like a mule, but reachs anything I put my sighs on. I have even shot and hit consecutively a 750 yard target with just iron sights. I can hit it everytime because the barrel gets so hot after a few shots. Its very thin and heats up very quickly. The best ammo I have found is Ulyanovsk FMJ 148 Grain. Cheaper than Dirt sells it for $7.69 a box. Its not corrosive and shoots very well. Very consistent and the price is very affordable. If anyone is looking for ammo check this stuff out.

Top Bottom