• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnflaherty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    logansport
    I have one becuase it is very accurate and it was cheap to buy and the ammo is cheap i got mine at a pawn shop for like 50 dollars and the history of a 91/30 is very rich.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Why is this thread still popping up? There's no reason at all to not have a Mosin, even if you're just going to use it as a walking stick, club, or cane pole.

Snowden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    .308??????? Am I missing something here? :dunno:

Well, normally Mosins use .310 or .311 bullets, same as the British .303 (confusing, no?). There are a few pre-WWII Finnish Mosins out there with true .308 bores, though, and he may have one of them.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Well, normally Mosins use .310 or .311 bullets, same as the British .303 (confusing, no?). There are a few pre-WWII Finnish Mosins out there with true .308 bores, though, and he may have one of them.

This is what I was getting at. MOST Mosin bores are not TRUE .308, so I was a bit confused. If he has a Finnish Mosin that's pre-WWII it may have a .308 bore.

Patriot got schooled.

Nope, just asking for clarification :D So, is it a pre-WWII Finnish Mosin in .308? If so, post some pics! :rockwoot:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've never found them to be ugly. In fact, I think the aftermarket ATI stock out there makes it look funny. It would be cool if someone made an aftermarket that was put together like the original though, with the top section held on by the rings, I mean.

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    For $100 what else will be this much fun?

Walk don't run to Aimsurplus or JG Sales and order one if you don' have one. Mosins are a blast in all respects.

jknapp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    theyre like the sks in the aspect that you can mod them as far as teh sky. synthetic stocks. etc.... plus theyre as strong as a tank. these things will never break and if they do then the pieces are relatively cheap. my buddy bout 12 mossins for 800 bux and costomizes them for people

Top Bottom