• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Mosins are a whole bunch of fun on many levels. At its most basic level, they are a really fun rifle to shoot but when you get into the history of them, they become even more interesting. My favorites are the Finnish Mosins because of the history behind them. I really get a kick (no pun intended) out of taking a Finnish Mosin to the range in the snow and shooting prone. You cannot help but to think that the rifle has been in that situation before during the winter war with Russia. It feels like you are letting it experience a bit of its past.

But all of the Mosins are interesting rifles. Personally, I think there should be a Mosin in just about every house. Americans are historically rifleman and there are just not enough Springfields to go around, so Mosins can fill that bill.
    Reps to you!

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I found a Polish numbers matching 1952 M44.Barrel looks good ,finish is around 70%. I was told $150 firm. I am still debating on buying it, I have no experience with Mosin's.

It's a tad high. If it comes with some ammo then it's a fair deal. Dealing points to ask about the numbers matching if they are forced matched or natural. Meaning are some of the numbers crossed outed and then scribed to match. Does it have a small import mark or a big billboard on the side of the receiver. If the seller is local then that helps too. Mosins are all over the place for sale so if that sell falls thru don't worry you can find another.

One other thing funny about mosins is that they are like bunnies in your safe. They easily multiply.:D

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I found a Polish numbers matching 1952 M44.Barrel looks good ,finish is around 70%. I was told $150 firm. I am still debating on buying it, I have no experience with Mosin's.

That is a damn good price on a Pole in better than beater condition. You've already been told a couple of times, but I'll say it also. Run, don't walk and get it, NOW! :D

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I like 'em for the history and the stories they likely could tell...
    And for me that's probably why they soak up so much of my rack space...

I have an M44, an ex-dragoon MO double-dated, three different Finn'd M91's and a Finn M39.... and if that one fella at the gunshow would've still had his 28/30 for sale, I'd have that too LOL

They are truly a sickness if you're not careful!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love the dirty buggers.

I clean mine prior to and after shooting very thoroughly. More so than, say, my Rem 700 .30-06.

"It's got character. And character goes a long way. It's still a filthy animal." -Jules (I think I got that right)

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I love the dirty buggers.

I clean mine prior to and after shooting very thoroughly. More so than, say, my Rem 700 .30-06.

"It's got character. And character goes a long way. It's still a filthy animal." -Jules (I think I got that right)

If you clean a 91/30 up a little, it will still be an animal.
    Below...is one of my animals, all cleaned up.

picture.php

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    2cool, tell us about that scope and mount. I would like to add something like that to my 91/30.

The ATI scope mount I have on a couple of my other Mosins, makes it a little difficult to load. I couldn't find a higher one so I machined my own. I did have to buy a scope mount that is for another rifle and mount it on the top of the part I made. This was to save hours of machining and it only cost $10.49. I will be sending the part I made, out for black oxide just as soon as I have other stuff to send with it at work. There are other Mosins I messed with in my album entitled
    other stuff.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
    Top Bottom