• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    Just got my Mosin all figured out and got fitted with a scope. I am planning on tiger striping the stock more than likely black and orange. Any other color suggestions? However, I just want to do two colors. Another scheme may be blue and black. Also any thoughts on how to go about doing this? Thanks in advance.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w476/dirt43/project.jpg?t=1334068872

Last edited:

ron g

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    chicago,il
    how about black with white smoke trails and a picture of some type,skulls,a tattoo, anything else that you think is cool.

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I want to do it by myself, I was just thinking of flat blacking the whole stock and then when it dries taping of my tiger stripes or other pattern and then painting my second color. I dont want it to be camo; I want something more exotic. and I do not have photoshop nor do I have access to it.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I do not have photoshop nor do I have access to it.

No, but I do. :D I have too much time on my hands. This is a Mosin 44, stock camos and photos from the internet.

wcRsQh.jpg

9wOMah.jpg

zmAPhh.jpg

More after coffee kicks in.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is interesting. Once I get my "tight" bolt issue worked out, I am thinking of doing something with the wood. I never thought of something wild like this. Let's see some more ideas for us less artistic types!

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    what about textured, black, or dark od green, drk grey, tan...:whistle:
    or even a textured painted CAMO Nagant with all the colors.

Im seriously afraid your Nagant might shed those colors off as quickly as they were conceived and applied....

Last edited:

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    Going back tot he first post in this thread which do you guys think would look best on the setup I have going for the gun right now. I do not want to paint my scope.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    How would I go about doing a digital camo? That red digital looks awesome. It just boils down to is it something I can do?

I haven't painted a gun yet, but I've refinished some bass guitars. I can't imagine this being much different.

Check this video out. It makes digital camo look easy. The background music gets annoying after a minute.

http://youtu.be/FcMtAsQu2Jw

Here's the link for the stencil generator.

DIY Stencil Generator

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I got the bipod from cheaper than dirt. I paid $40 for it and I love it. It tilts form side to side to accommodate for uneven ground and if you push it a little you have a little bit of rotation but not much. The only downside to it is the length of the legs. By the way it is a caldwell.

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I watched the video and I think I am leaning towards that is too much work lol. Now I think I am leaning towards the red camo tiger stripes. Maybe a deeper red and more jagged lines. Also more lines, I feel like there is too much space between lines, and I am not trying to criticize your work I am just letting you know my thoughts along the way.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I watched the video and I think I am leaning towards that is too much work lol. Now I think I am leaning towards the red camo tiger stripes. Maybe a deeper red and more jagged lines. Also more lines, I feel like there is too much space between lines, and I am not trying to criticize your work I am just letting you know my thoughts along the way.

Yeah, digital is pretty involved. Duracoat makes a 'Vietnam Tiger Stripe' kit. Here's a video.

http://youtu.be/U4gGr47lIIE

I can scale down the size of the tiger stripes, and also tweak the smoothness of the lines. Don't worry, all direction is being taken as constructive criticism. :):

Thanks for the heads up on that bipod btw!

Top Bottom