• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I see no point in dropping a ton of money on a Mosin. I love Mosins, but if you are going to put a ton of money into a rifle buy a really good rifle and put a scope on it, BUT. The Mosin is a perfect base rifle for these projects because of the price. That being said take it out and shoot it before you mod it. Every single Mosin is different. One may have a good trigger one may have a great barrel and vise versa

happyfiero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Campbellsburg IN.
    ? ton of money

mesha2.jpg
    Have fun with your Mosin Make it yours.
    What ton of Money ? I own my house and People call me Mr.
    I have about 580 us dollars in my ,Heavy floated barrel, fully bedded custom
    Mosin Is that a ton of Money

Yes It is the UK 59 barrel , boyds stock opened up for the barrel
    Heavy%20%20floated%20barrel,%20fully%20bedded%20%20custom

will do a write up after I get, some glass and range time

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    For me having fun building Mosins is what it's all about. I make a lot of my own parts and adapt others to get the look I want. It is time consuming..but keeps the cost of the build down.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    How did you add that front sight?

I drilled and tapped a 6-32 hole. I do drill the hole right through the barrel and use a little jewelers file to remove any burrs. Doing this makes it a lot easier, rather than trying to tap a blind hole. Some people may frown on this idea but it doesn'r affect accuracy at all.
    I used a Marbles .225 height .375 dovetail, for a .687 barrel dia sight ramp.
    Also a Marbles .312 height, .340 width,.375 dovetail 3/32" fiber optic front sight.
    Here is a better picture.

picture.php

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I have too much money in my Mosin, but I love it...

cffc1450.jpg

It's a factory barrel (in great shape), but it's floated, action is bedded, has a polished Timney trigger, RSI bolt body, and much more. It's a tack driving M44 and I love it, and will never sell it.

*02/07/12*
    Updated pic of my Mosin Sporter, just finished a new camo job... Warning, it's kinda sexy.
    DSC00814.jpg

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI

cffc1450.jpg

It's a factory barrel (in great shape), but it's floated, action is bedded, has a polished Timney trigger, RSI bolt body, and much more. It's a tack driving M44 and I love it, and will never sell it.

Nice looking Mosin! I have built 14 Mosins all from 91/30's anywhere from 16 1/2" to 20" barrels...I still have 9 of them.
    I try to build everyone a little different.

RBJ13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Noblesville

cffc1450.jpg

That is almost exactly what I want. Gorgeous. What type of brake/flash suppressor do you have on the front, there?

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    It's actually not a brake. It's a piece my bro-in-law machined to cover up the ugly shoulder left behind from removing the front sight... Sadly, it's just for looks

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Still like it! Aesthetics always have a rightful place with firearms. I firmly believe that.

...hey, it's a Mosin. You gotta do everything you can to make it look better. It's kind of like polishing a turd.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Rifle looks great! I'm glad I could help. I used that bolt body (with welded on ATI handle) on my M44 sporter, back when I first built it. I'm glad to see it went to a good home.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Rifle looks great! I'm glad I could help. I used that bolt body (with welded on ATI handle) on my M44 sporter, back when I first built it. I'm glad to see it went to a good home.
    Glad to have it!

What do you have on the muzzle?

The link looks a lot easier for me and my wallet. How difficult is it to do?

I got it as a barreled action that way. A previous owner cut it down to about 18", turned down the barrel, then threaded it to 14x1mm RH. It is a AK74 style brake.

I haven't tried it yet, still need to shoot mine and see how it does first. But I have everything if I do need to. There is a link at the bottom to see what else he did to that 44. The guy is a professional gunsmith but I think he was seeing how DIY he could get it for the masses.

mongo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I would definitely go for the Timney trigger, I had worked mine over and it was ok, but the Timney is awsome right out of the box(bag actually) k

Top Bottom