• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A local pawn shop has one for $800. I'm not kidding. When I asked why it's so expensive, they agreed to drop the price to $700. When I pointed out that they're under $300 online, I got a snooty remark that they sell them at $800 all the time and one must deal with shipping and transfer fees if bought online. When I insisted that it's overpriced, they tried telling me some story about how it was a brand new rifle. Hahaha. I then pointed out that it was made in 1943, so I got told that it's really old and historical and stuff... oh and rare. I guess a production of 37 million is a pretty limited production. That explains the thick layer of dust on it. I walked away. Almost as ridiculous as people wanting $400 for them at gun shows.

Well yeah... rifle = ~$200, shipping + transfer fee = $600. Um, yeah... maybe if you want it sent overnight... from Russia. :n00b:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I saw all those old Swiss rifles there about a month ago. A few were in really good condition. ALL of them over priced of course. BUT they weren't all K31. If you were wanting to round out your collection then this is the only place I've seen recently with an 1889, 1896/11 in stock.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    The only thing I go in that Cabela's for is the bargain cave. A couple years ago they had a used AR priced over a hundred dollars more than a brand new one, same model, that was on sale that weekend. I've heard they have a new manager in the library but it's still nothing more than a miniature gun museum to me.

Top Bottom