• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Huh thats awesome. So Stschil what range are you shooting at? Like how many yards are they usually accurate at? And the 795 seems to be a winner. $140 with a scope seems to be decent also.

I can hit a 4MOA steel round at 100 yards or more with mine all day long from prone using a sling. It came with a cheapy 4 power scope (the irons aren't very good). One member here, Chuddly has put a bipod and a better scope on his and reaches 250 to 275 ( though the round doesn't have much umph at that distance)

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Huh well thats good enough for me. There is a 200 yard rifle range near me so that will just be a challenge...I plan on doing the bipod. Ok I think I am going with Marlin 795.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    View attachment 21996
    This was a quick trip to my woods/range. It's a 4MOA bull @ 25 yards.(1") I don't have a good, level, place for shooting, but I wanted to knock this one out one time to post up on the Rifleman's Challenge FB page. I did this with a cold barrel and no warm ups. Yeah, I know I threw a few. :): had hot brass in my support hand and tried to drop it quickly. My group suffered because I rushed.

bruno1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    in the middle
    I am a big fan of my marlin .22 mag. You can shoot 22 lr out of it and bolt action is more reliable. Cheap and semi auto don't usually work well. 22 mag is a fun round for plinking and varmint control.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The 795 is a solid choice. I like mine a lot. Wears an inexpensive scope right now (although the Tech Sights are in the range bag) and has a threaded barrel for my .22 suppressor, but is still slung up with a GI sling and ready to shoot under 4MOA with the cheap bulk ammo of any manufacturer all day long.

bruno1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    in the middle
    I am a big fan of my marlin .22 mag. You can shoot 22 lr out of it and bolt action is more reliable. Cheap and semi auto don't usually work well. 22 mag is a fun round for plinking and varmint control.
    So maybe that is some bad info. Even though I have shot .22lr through a .22 mag, it may not be a good idea.

TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I was looking for a gun for my 14 year old daughter to shoot and ended up buying a Marlin Model 60. I bought a Badger M22 bull pup stock and a few tacticool accessories like foregrip bipod, laser, flashlight, scope, tuff1 Death grip. It is a very fun gun to shoot for my daughter and myself! I store a box of 50 22lr in the butt stock. Customer service for Badger is awesome as well. I traded for the gun and spent $99 for the Badger stock. Fun & Cheap!
    Badgerm22.jpg

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Please don't buy a HiPoint. The carbines are supposed to be more reliable than the pistols, but they're all pot metal blowback junk. Unless you expect someone to attempt to kill you very soon and can't possibly scrape together more money save for a few weeks and buy something better.
    My 4595 shoots great,is accurate,fun to shoot,and I've never had a malfunction.

Brennend08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    the mosin is a fantastic gun to just shoot around. But beware that it has the metal butt plate and is shooting a 762 round, which your fiance might no fancy being she is only 100 LBS. 22 ammo is just nuts to aquire right now. if it wasnt for the ammo i would say get the smith & wesson i have two friends who have them and they love them.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I have every rifle mentioned here except the Marlin Model 60 and the M&P. My two grandsons both have the Model 60's. My HiPoint 4595 has the cheap plastic feel and I seriously doubted it but it has proven it's worth. I wouldn't say it is near as much fun though as the .22's though, just doesn't have the accuracy. I have both the 10/22 and Marlin 795. Both are excellent plinkers in stock form. Both of them have Tech Sights installed which makes a world of difference for my old eyes. I shoot just a bit better with the 795 than the 10/22 but the 10/22 is a bit better fitting for me. The 795 almost feels like a kids rifle. The Mosin is a blast, literally!!!
    You can't go wrong with either of the .22s and if you are near Indy westside, both Gander and Dick's in Avon have had a good supply of .22lr this past week.
    I'll second taking the GF for Appleseed weekend.

Matt

Top Bottom