• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kricket37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I got an email from Bud's Gun Shop that has a Mosin Nagant for $92.00 from Century Arms. Anyone purchased one or have thoughts? They say working order and for the price that seems cheap.

Thanks

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I got an email from Bud's Gun Shop that has a Mosin Nagant for $92.00 from Century Arms. Anyone purchased one or have thoughts? They say working order and for the price that seems cheap.

Thanks
    I collect Mosin Nagants and yeah they are cheap ( some models) and they shoot, not the prettiest rifle ever designed nor the smothest bolt to manipulate, but rugged and dependable. Aim Surplus has them for $69.95 last time I checked, and ammo is cheap, with the only draw back being its corrosive so a good cleaning after a range session is a must. :twocents:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

Thanks

All I can say is that it's not a great deal... at least not in Southern Indiana. The tax on a sub-$100 rifle (and they're less tan $100 around here) is less than the transfer fee/shipping. Then again, if you have a C&R and they're offering free shipping it might be a deal. Still, I'd rather look through a pile of them and pick the one I wanted.
    :twocents:

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    for the price you cant beat them as a fun gun but there are things that you can do cheaply to make them much better shooters. The corrosive ammo is the cheap ammo and the non corrosive will cost you an arm a nd a leg.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Get one, they are fun. Makes me smile to pull the trigger. And you can find affordable non-corrosive ammo from Prvi or Bear.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I bought 4 of them from AIM this year, they were all matching numbers, but the condition of the wood will very. All the wood was in good shape...but some of them will have about 3 coats of varnish.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was at Bradis yesterday and they have probably two dozen or more 91/30s to look thru. About twice the number they used to have. Also had two M38s and it pained me to leave without one! I've wanted one for a while now, but this trip was for a Remington 870 Combo (my Christmas present).
    Bradis usually charges $129 or 139 for their 91/30's but I believe they were $99 yesterday. The M38's were $199.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i was offered the INGO price of $120 plus tax for the ones marked $149. and that didnt include the accessories. not exactly a great price. and if 2 weeks later they were "on sale" for $99, well then i am really glad i didn't give them any of my money.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was at Bradis on Friday. I looked over thier stock of 91/30's and couldn't beleive the prices. Wasn't but a few month's ago and the going rate was about $80. Also, I wasn't too impressed, they have several in stock but most have had the bolt electro pencilled, and are not numbers matching. I couldn't believe that the sell the surplus ammo for $140, Even with shipping a can from Cheaper than Dirt is only about $125. I seem to remember their prices being better than what I saw Friday. I wanted to trade in a shotgun and buy 2 guns while I was there, but they didn't want to take a shotgun in trade since it's so far into hunting season. That's what they actually told me. I had to wait at the counter for about half an hour before anyone even spoke to me. It was a little busy but still no reason to ignore customers. There are plenty of places I can go spend my money. I already know what my next buy will be...but I think I'll go give someone else my money.

roundball

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    nine mile wa.
    Mosin Nagant

I bought one about two years ago for veryclosse to that price. It came with that long spike bayonett and ammo pouch oiler and a thingy for cleaning the barrel. I was suprized at the great balance of the rifle and it is accurate. It has a covered ffront sight and is accurate. It would really be a nice hunting gun as it is pretty close to the power of a 30.06,

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    i was offered the INGO price of $120 plus tax for the ones marked $149. and that didnt include the accessories. not exactly a great price. and if 2 weeks later they were "on sale" for $99, well then i am really glad i didn't give them any of my money.

The sale was $20 off any 91/30 in stock, so the guns normally $149 were $129, and the ones normally $119 were $99. All of the hex receiver guns include the accessory pack, sling and bayonet; not sure about the lower priced ones.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Hey on the bright side, if anyone's looking for an ex-dragoon, there was a 1925 Izhevsk sitting there yesterday.

I thought long and hard about it but I've got my heart set on Tula and this one was EP'd

Glock18FA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    I love my Mosin. I have bought two of them to put away for my daughters.

One day Im sure they will appreciate in valuse just like the Ak's and sks's did.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I checked out the two M38s at Bradis today. Both are numbers matching. One is a bit rough externally, but looks like it still has a good bore (didn't have a 7.62 round with me to test the muzzle). The other is cosmetically better, but has been counterbored -- and pretty deep too. I'd really like to get an M38 and/or M44, but I think I'll pass on those.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I checked out the two M38s at Bradis today. Both are numbers matching. One is a bit rough externally, but looks like it still has a good bore (didn't have a 7.62 round with me to test the muzzle). The other is cosmetically better, but has been counterbored -- and pretty deep too. I'd really like to get an M38 and/or M44, but I think I'll pass on those.

There is nothing wrong with a counter-bored rifle, the counter -boring was done to remove damaged rifling from the end of the bore, usually due to the cleaning practices of the typical Russian conscript.
    Some of my most accurate Mosin Nagants are counterbored, including a Finn Continuation War captured 91/30 I have.

Top Bottom