• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Meh, I personally don't like Mosin's at all, pretty much the bottom of the barrel surplus IMHO.

But they & their ammo are dirt cheap so you're not out a whole lot if you decide you don't like them.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Do it!....If you don't like it, you could always sell it. Where can you get so much power for so little money?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    You may have already done your research but go to surplusrifle.com and get somewhat familiar with the main models. (M91/30, M38, M44...). For the money it is a real blast.

The comparison to .22's I would think is only because you can get a 22 for the same price point and they both are often used as a plinking gun. Other than that there is really no comparison.

I'm not saying one is better than the other but this is a real apples and oranges situation. I have a preference but to compare them without any bias...One throws a fireball downrange that is visible in broad daylight and has MANY million brothers out there that were also made to be a battle implement during a very significant time in history. The other is often used by children to learn to shoot well and can be purchased in pink if you prefer.
    Doogh! I tried to not be biased, but I think it showed through in my writing. I hope it isn't too obvious.:D

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    You may have already done your research but go to surplusrifle.com and get somewhat familiar with the main models. (M91/30, M38, M44...). For the money it is a real blast.

The comparison to .22's I would think is only because you can get a 22 for the same price point and they both are often used as a plinking gun. Other than that there is really no comparison.

I'm not saying one is better than the other but this is a real apples and oranges situation. I have a preference but to compare them without any bias...One throws a fireball downrange that is visible in broad daylight and has MANY million brothers out there that were also made to be a battle implement during a very significant time in history. The other is often used by children to learn to shoot well and can be purchased in pink if you prefer.
    Doogh! I tried to not be biased, but I think it showed through in my writing. I hope it isn't too obvious.:D
    The mosin is still in use as a sniper rifle today. The 22 can also be a rifle for people who are afraid of recoil

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Get one you will not be sorry. I have owned them from many countries in many different variants anda good one will shoot with any remchsterger any day of the week with good ammo :yesway:

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    "Bottom of the barrel"...now thats low. they would sell for more if the Russians literally didnt build a million of the bloody things. they are cheap cause they are a plenty. I have several. I, personally, enjoy the cheap price. they are excellent mid size game guns. Elk in alaska were especially nice to tag with good rounds. They are, at least the ones i have, very accurate. I have sent several spam cans down the bore of my first and most abused and it is still fairly accurate through the corrosion ate up bore, the rust dings and grit. and cause they are cheap..shoot it clean it, when it dies..keep it and replace it with another..and use first as parts. Good start off for a C&R collector too. Alot of available and relevant information on them and several are collectable i.e. the sniper and hex receiver. So Buy one and youll not regret it. they kick-they are loud-and whats more fun than loud with recoil...and dead something on the other end?

Top Bottom