• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have a 500a tactical. I want to deer hunt this fall and was wondering if it is possible to install a slug barrel to this shotgun. Can I do that, I have never switched barrels on a shotgun before. Thanks for your input.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    To start, does your shotgun have the long tube? (the 8 shot model) if so, you need to make sure the new barrel is longer than the tube. When I had mine I had a cantilever barrel with a 4.5x scope and shot the cheap Federal Rifled Slugs. At the time they were like $4 for 5 slugs and the setup worked fine for ranges 75 yards and under. You should have no problem finding a barrel like that and swapping barrels on a mossy is super easy.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    That video looks pretty good, But it always works better for me if I clear the gun and then pull the pump back HALF way(maybe a little more) before i start unscrewing it.
    If you don't have the "8 shot" model, aka persuader, you can find a lot of different barrels for it.

Here is my 500a with the 18.5" HD barrel:
    6036210792_e398c959ed.jpg

24" Smooth Bore Rifle Sights (my deer barrel):
    6035656359_2740c4bcc8.jpg

28" Vent Rib:
    6035656573_13953795e2.jpg

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Thanks SSGSAD! I don't know if you can tell, but there is a 6shot side saddle on the left side of the gun that is holding another 3 slugs and another 3 00.

! twitty, it is the ATI collapsible stock. It holds up pretty well, and I am pretty happy with it. If I had the money when I built it up I would have gotten the Messa LEO stock. One of my biggest problems with it was the pistol grip was really thin. I did a texture job on it with a soldering iron and sanded it down a bit and it is a little better. With a squared up stance and the 18.5" barrel I usually keep the stock all the way in like in the pictures. I had a red dot on it, but I decided to take it off for the time being.

Top Bottom