• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Ok I just recently bought a Mossberg 500c 20ga for my 13yr old daughter.. Got a Hell of a deal on it.. But It's a little too long for her right now.. I've been looking for youth stocks, Aftermarket stocks and seem to have no luck in finding one for her... I don't know if a 12ga stock would work or if there is an adaptor to make it work with a 20ga.. So i'm Looking for some help.. Because im about to the point of just cutting the stock down to fit her.. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated....

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    My fiancee just bought one recently; they're dirt cheap! Love it too because it functions exactly the same as my 12 gauge, so she knows how to use both now. It came standard with a pistol grip, but I dropped a collapsible stock from my 500 12 gauge on it in the meantime while we order her one. It fit perfectly; no problems.

As for stocks, 12 gauge stocks WILL fit the 20 gauge, although you may have a bit of a lip where they come together. As in, the stock may hang over 1/16 to 1/8th of an inch around the receiver. Not a huge problem....a bit of sandpaper will take care of that, if it even bothers you.

As for where to get them, search MidwayUSA for "Mossberg 500 stock." You'll get a bunch of results, and at least two or three "youth" model stocks for around $60.

Alternatively, I called Mossberg customer service and asked for a "replacement Mossberg 500 20gauge synthetic shoulder stock," and they quoted me a price of like $36, then shipping. I couldn't find that price or product anywhere online; my guess would be that if you call and ask for a Mossberg 500 synthetic youth stock, you might be able to order one over the phone fairly cheap.

I haven't seen the actual Mossberg ones for sale online many places; but calling their customer support seems to be a valid option. And the price was pretty well competitive, too.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Ok, let me take back what I said about ordering one from Mossberg. They said that they are taking 4 to 5 weeks for order fulfillment at this time. Might not be what you want; although the price was only $35, according to the customer service rep.

I wouldn't have thought it would be this difficult to find a normal, traditional-style synthetic stock for one of these...most places seem to be sold out. There are stocks available, but I'm not really interested in a SpeedFeed or collapsible or folding; just want a regular style stock.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I cut a standard stock down, then ground the recoil pad to fit it...worked great.

I second calling mossberg though, they carry a TON of parts they don't list on their site.

SU1BRzEwOTguanBn.jpg

[edit] That's a 12" LOP down from a 14".

RHorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    When I was little my dad bought a spare stock for my shotgun (because the original wood was really nice) and cut it down to fit me. As I grew he kept adding either a piece of the stock or a thicker recoil pad. Now I still have it with the original wood on it and have the spare stock that I can use if I ever have kids.

Top Bottom