Mossberg 930 Special Purpose--MINE MINE MINE!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    YES, YES I DID IT!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

18.5" barrel, 7+1 capacity, semi-auto, ghost ring sights, picatinny rail (though not in the best spot...) This bad boy is AWESOME and I'm super glad I purchased it! This is now my go-to HD shot gun! Love this thing!!!

Last edited:

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    I think I'm just going to get a tactical light for it. If I remember correctly, I saw lights that mount on the side at the crown point gun show....

:rockwoot:

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Congrats! I just put one on layaway Monday. Is yours the BlackWater? I've been looking at these for a long long time and decided to take the jump as well!

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Congrats! I just put one on layaway Monday. Is yours the BlackWater? I've been looking at these for a long long time and decided to take the jump as well!

THis is not the blackwater edition. I wanted that one, too, but it is on back order from Mossberg. So, instead (actually in addition) lol, i have this one, which is just the SPX. When my blackwater edition arrives, this guy will have a twin! ....yes, I will have 2 930 special purposes.... :D can't wait, either!
    @hoosier45, thanks for the recco. I'll check that mount out.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I've tried the non pistol grip model some time ago, but the LOP was a challenge for my short arms. I'd really like to come across one of these, as the LOP on the pistol grip models are supposed to be somewhat shorter. I've also looked into shortening the stock, but the buffer tube's length makes it a challenge. In any event, enjoy your 930spx! :yesway:

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've got one too. Need to shoot it again soon. I really wanted the pistol grip but couldn't find one so I took what I could find. Now I can't decide if I want to put a pistol grip on it or not.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Congrats and welcome! (No, not to the site! ;))

IMG_9717a.jpg

IMG_9718.jpg

I've got a Nordic Components mag/barrel clamp with rail on order. They're a favorite on the Mossberg forums and the one usually recommended. I assume yours is the heavier barrel third gen. If you do order from NC, make sure and note you've got the heavier barrel in the order comments.

Again, congrats.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    It looks great just the same. I lucked out and found a Blackwater...can't wait to take it home and blast away! Whoa, you plan on a Blackwater twin? One in each hand...with the great pistol grip and the good balance that would be an intimidating sight!

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Nice looking gun. I liked the Nordic Components mag/barrel clamp and will get one of those too. Are you planning on mounting a light or something else?

Top Bottom