• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rough-n-tumble

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    New Albany
    I have an older Mossberg 410 183d-b that the bolt sticks. This was my grandfathers so I'd like to it get into working order, put some squirrels on a plate and then pass down to the boys. It was jammed closed for many years then I finally smacked it with a hammer and open it up. Disassembled and cleaned the shotgun. Still a lingering issue with the bolt not going fully into battery. Just cuts short. You can see at the left of the photo.

if you can provide some help or info it is appreciated.

image.jpg

Skyhawk

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Richmond Indiana
    I have an older Mossberg 410 183d-b that the bolt sticks. This was my grandfathers so I'd like to it get into working order, put some squirrels on a plate and then pass down to the boys. It was jammed closed for many years then I finally smacked it with a hammer and open it up. Disassembled and cleaned the shotgun. Still a lingering issue with the bolt not going fully into battery. Just cuts short. You can see at the left of the photo.

if you can provide some help or info it is appreciated.

View attachment 44201

Check the extractors make sure they are free and not bent. Check the extractor's seats alongside the barrel that they are clean and free of rust and solidified gun powder. Lastly, remove the extractors from the bolt and work the action. If the bolt goes into battery the extractors may need to be replaced. 2nd lastly, just a chance, make sure the barrel has not been turned misaligning the barrel and the seated bolt. Maybe do that first. Hope that helps. Gunsmith at Prairie Wolf Gun Repair, Richmond.

Top Bottom