• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dustzilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Indy
    I am going to buy my first shotgun soon, yeah me! :rockwoot: I was planning on getting a Mossberg 590. However, while cruising the local gun shops I came accross the Mossberg 590 FLEX system and I like the idea of being able to quickly and easily transition from a home defense gun to a field gun. However, I have concerns about potential durability of a modular system like this on a 12 gauge. Does anyone here have this shogun? I'd like to get some input from someone who actually owns this and has put it through some significant use.

Thanks in advance as always!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The FLEX system seems a bit gimmicky to me, which I've grown accustomed to with Mossberg. Shotguns are already very modular, so I don't really get it. Want to change the forearm? Undo the spanner nut and swap them. Stock? Undo 2 screws on the buttpad and one inside the stock. Barrel? Unscrew the nut on the magazine and swap them out. If anything, it seems to make the shotgun less modular, because your now using proprietary FLEX parts rather than the endless supply of aftermarket stuff out there.

Dustzilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Indy
    The large, readily available supply of aftermarket parts is part of what I was looking at with the normal 590. However, I actually like the Mossberg accessories for the FLEX system, and they are working with other manufacturers to expand the number of aftermarket accessories. My biggest concern is how the durability of the FLEX compares to the normal 590... I like the idea of being able to take the FLEX system out to do some tactical training and then be able to switch it over to a field gun without any tools while I am shooting (I hate being forced to carry tools, they are just another thing that can be lost especially out in the woods shooting).

Top Bottom