• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    These seem like a good idea, especially for a boat or RV, something like that.

www.MidwestHuntersOutlet.com: Mossberg 51340 JIC (Just In Case) 18.5 CRUISER Kit

JICfront.JPG

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I do like these and they have been out for a while. I was thinking of getting one for my Mom. If I had a boat bigger than a Kayak I would get one and an RV should have a bit more than this (in my opinion). Nice to point them out.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I do like these and they have been out for a while. I was thinking of getting one for my Mom. If I had a boat bigger than a Kayak I would get one and an RV should have a bit more than this (in my opinion). Nice to point them out.
    I have never seen them before, I found the picture using StumbleUpon. I would get one if I had a boat.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    That would be a nice idea. Although I think they should have the survival kit, knife, and multi tool in all of them. Not seperated like that. Plus what about ammo? If there's no ammo in there and you don't have some with you otherwise, then the gun is useless..

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    there is a bit of extra space, but of course if you fill it up with "junk" it will be harder to get the shotgun out.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    This has me thinking about making a tube of my own out of PVC...... You could attach a separate smaller tube full of ammo and the like as well.. My 20 inch M590A1 would fit in a larger tube and ammo in another. Dry bags are another way to go as well.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is this tube perhaps to hide your gun as well in case of unfriendly inspection? Hang it from the anchor perhaps?

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Although a great idea from the company, (It's nice to see at least one of them making a deal such as this), It would probably be cheaper to make your own for your needs. If I had a boat, I'd be all about something like this.

I like the idea of hanging it over the side of a boat so It's not too suspicious...great ideas...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm talking about attaching it to the anchor chain, forcing the tube to be underwater. Hey its just an idea. I hear that the the open seas aren't always the most gun-friendly places. Even though there is rampant piracy in some areas.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'm talking about attaching it to the anchor chain, forcing the tube to be underwater. Hey its just an idea. I hear that the the open seas aren't always the most gun-friendly places. Even though there is rampant piracy in some areas.
    Open seas are anything goes. It is the shoreline that dictates Pro or anti gun and you can get in to a heap o trouble bringing guns in to port in the wrong country.

People I know keep 50's, 308's AR's and 870's stashed on board.

For the OP: that PG only shotgun would suck on a boat. Your boat is moving, your target is moving. You need to shoulder your gun. For inshore use AKA small craft in Indiana an 18" 870 with folder is how I go. 380 in tackle box, Glocks in consoles, on person, or in bailout bags.

An ammo belt in a small Sealine bag is great and packs well on a boat. Soft cases and bags pack better onboard AKA use space more effectively then hard cases. Space is a premium on any boat, big or small.

Top Bottom