Most comfortable CC IWB holster...Opinions Please...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I haven't tried the Milt Sparks, but I have quite a few Crossbreed SuperTucks that are comfortable. I also believe a good belt is critical.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    For, IWB, I love both the AlienGear Cloak Tuck 2.0 (haven't tried the 3.0), and the Old Faithful IWB.

And I'll echo those who say that your choice of belt is critically importance for quality/comfort of carry, regardless of holster choice. Don't judge a holster by how it wears on an inferior belt.

Bigguy5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Michigan City
    I have the Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and love it. Only issue is with so jeans it allows gravity to take to much affect and I'm always readjusting. Wondering now if problem might be belt and not the holster.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    From what I have seen, any leather/kydex AND A GOOD GUN BELT will serve you well.

My preference is on the SuperTuck (I own 4) . I can tell the difference when I am in a hurry and throw on my supertuck in a rush while wearing my web belt if I dont change into my gun belt. So belts are a key factor in comfort and ride.

Just know that you get what you pay for. While others here like their aliengear at over half the cost of a supertuck or CompTac, I sent mine back due to shoddy (and dangerous IMHO) workmanship. YMMV.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll also say that a good, proper gun belt will make a huge difference.

https://www.daltechforce.com/specialty-belts/superbio®-belts

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

I've had mine for 3 years now and it is still like new. For $50 shipped, you can't beat it. Read the review thread for more info.

The superbio belt is a recommendation of mine as well. Great belt, and can be used with dress pants, jeans, or a pair of cargo shorts. I love mine.

From what I have seen, any leather/kydex AND A GOOD GUN BELT will serve you well.

My preference is on the SuperTuck (I own 4) . I can tell the difference when I am in a hurry and throw on my supertuck in a rush while wearing my web belt if I dont change into my gun belt. So belts are a key factor in comfort and ride.

Just know that you get what you pay for. While others here like their aliengear at over half the cost of a supertuck or CompTac, I sent mine back due to shoddy (and dangerous IMHO) workmanship. YMMV.

Agreed. The hybrid IWB holsters are very comfortable. I like the Galco King Tuk (have one that I use with my 19/26), and a Crossbreed Mini Tuck (for my 43). I'm a fan of IWB hybrid holsters.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I have the Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and love it. Only issue is with so jeans it allows gravity to take to much affect and I'm always readjusting. Wondering now if problem might be belt and not the holster.

I agree with aliengear. I also have the crossbreed but for half the price the aliengear is of equal quality. I have the 2.0 and the 3.0. the 3.0 with the neoprene backing is much nicer. I'm also using a Daltech bullbelt and love the setup.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Sorry to have to break the bad news but this is subjective. Holsters, Ive found out over the last 20 years, arent one size fits all.

You'll probably go through a half dozen before you find The One.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I personally like a simple kydex holster and I find them very comfortable. I buy Dale Fricke (archangel specifically). While I haven't bought anything from Henry Holsters yet, a lot of guys on here who like him and I feel like have similar tastes to myself also like them, so you may give 'em a look.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I agree with aliengear. I also have the crossbreed but for half the price the aliengear is of equal quality. I have the 2.0 and the 3.0. the 3.0 with the neoprene backing is much nicer. I'm also using a Daltech bullbelt and love the setup.

If you go Crossbreed, check out the Crossbreed Seconds site. It can save you a few bucks. When I was looking for my Glock 43 holster and seeing that Galco did not have a King Tuk specific to fit, I also noticed that Comp-Tac had some fairly inexpensive options for hybrid IWB. No idea how comfortable they are, but worth checking out.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry to have to break the bad news but this is subjective. Holsters, Ive found out over the last 20 years, arent one size fits all.

You'll probably go through a half dozen before you find The One.
    While I tend to agree, buying a Versa Max, while expensive, will make up for a lot of short comings, i.e. cheap belts etc. Holster selection is subjective, but the big names, the ones that craft, rather than heat, have taken much of this into consideration before they make the holster. If you are running a 9/40 Glock I'd be happy to loan you a Sparks or Fricke holster to try for a few days.

Top Bottom