• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    There is a mantle clock on the market that allows a pistol to be concealed in its back. I believe that the NRA catalog sells them. Also, I have carried my G26 or J frame in a bank zipper bag. I have seen portable radios that had compartments in the back for pistols. Good for a day at the beach.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I am an auto trimmer by trade. That means I do auto interiors. Up until a few years ago I also done furniture upholstery. I have made some neat hideouts in couches and chairs for customers when reupholstering them.If the Mrs ever decides to have a piece upholstered, get with the guy doing it and dream up some neat stuff. You'd be amazed as to how many shotguns can be hid in a couch. And the hollow arms are ripe for handgun storage.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I like to keep my guns perfectly disguised as everyday household objects.

#1 Plastic cup: Sure Mr. Robber, you can have my money. Let be just get a sip of my beverage first.

glock_zpsa7e13286.jpg

#2 Kleenex box: What? you are trying to kidnap me. OK, let me grab some tissues for the road.

m3_zps32944f0d.jpg

#3 Soda case: You say you want to chop up my family into little pieces. I bet that will make you thirsty, let me offer you a soda.

m16disguised_zps20ea51d0.jpg

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I agree that on your hip is the best place, but there are some situations that just dont always make carrying an option. this is a highly specific scenario however if I was say having people over to swim or cooking out, I dont wanna be "that guy" wearing a bathing suit and a glock. There are times where carrying isnt going to be an option (for me). Or on a night where i'm flopped in front of a tv in pajama pants, I probably wont have something on me, however something in a book/clock nearby might be a good option. Moderation I think is key too, emptying the safe out to fill every unused vase in your house is stupid too. I think it has its place.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This thread is fun and all (I once made a book for my Bersa), but really the best place for your firearm in your holster. I don't want to be trying to reach a firearm during an invasion.

I can't carry all my pistols.
    And I might run outta ammo or have a jam.
    Someone in the family might need one and not be carrying.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    actaeon277 - Thanks for the video. That is an awesome safe. I have heard many stories about safes not protecting from fire (even when fire resistant). I would think, if someone broke in, a safe would be the first thing they tried to take or break in. I wonder if keeping them around hidden in plain sight is not a better option.:dunno:

My rifles can be replaced from fire.
    I just don't want some dip **** to steal them and use them in a crime.
    I don't really have any collectables.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I agree that on your hip is the best place, but there are some situations that just dont always make carrying an option. this is a highly specific scenario however if I was say having people over to swim or cooking out, I dont wanna be "that guy" wearing a bathing suit and a glock. There are times where carrying isnt going to be an option (for me). Or on a night where i'm flopped in front of a tv in pajama pants, I probably wont have something on me, however something in a book/clock nearby might be a good option. Moderation I think is key too, emptying the safe out to fill every unused vase in your house is stupid too. I think it has its place.

Well Duh! Everyone knows that pearl handled 1911's are what you wear with your swim trunks at a BBQ. :cool:

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I remember seeing this on INGO with a link to the original post where some guy got really pist about it. Do you have that link?

I like to keep my guns perfectly disguised as everyday household objects.

#1 Plastic cup: Sure Mr. Robber, you can have my money. Let be just get a sip of my beverage first.

glock_zpsa7e13286.jpg

#2 Kleenex box: What? you are trying to kidnap me. OK, let me grab some tissues for the road.

m3_zps32944f0d.jpg

#3 Soda case: You say you want to chop up my family into little pieces. I bet that will make you thirsty, let me offer you a soda.

m16disguised_zps20ea51d0.jpg

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Make a cutout in the top of a door, drop in a ziplock bag big enough to hold the gun, secure the bag to the door. You don't even need to cap it, no one looks on top of a door.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Make a cutout in the top of a door, drop in a ziplock bag big enough to hold the gun, secure the bag to the door. You don't even need to cap it, no one looks on top of a door.

would've never thought of that. hide one in the back of a table/mantle clock. You can also mount a holster under a coffe table/nightstand etc. and have them hidden there..

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    in the bathroom, in one of her tampon boxes behind another tampon box is the 19c with a 33 rd mag and one in the pipe and a 15 rd mag full in the same box under some of the things.
    sorry about the visual.
    she figures criminals(male), are not going near those boxes.
    i think it is a good idea.
    been there for a while now.
    i clean it after we shoot it then, back in the box.

so, anyways...:laugh:

Top Bottom