• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What factor most affects a handgun's concealability?

• Total voters

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    Grip length typically changes print patterns the most. Length is almost never an issue for me (5 inch barrels of less), and width can be overcome with a wardrobe tweak.

Weight is a concern only when the rest of the equipment is sub-par, especially the belt. With polymer technology, this is less of a factor than ever before.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Weight, as in your weight. Narrow hips and broad shoulders mean you can conceal pretty much anything under a t-shirt. Here's our instructor Justin, who might be 140lbs soaking wet.

http://i.imgur.com/Qt3jlwp.jpg

Or go to the other extreme and just let a layer of flab roll over and conceal everything on your belt. Including your belt.

ibeatanorexia.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Other... if you don't point it out, most people are so completely unobservant that they just don't notice. How you dress is also a large factor. If something looks off, then people may notice you but typically not that you are carrying a gun.

I carry IWB, about 5 o'clock position, and can do so with shorts and tshirt, etc. No one notices, because for the uninitiated,they don't really know what kind of holsters, how concealable a gun is. My wife doesn't know that I am carrying most of the time.

Top Bottom