• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    What is the most you have ever spent for a scope? What did you mount it on and was it worth the money?

I'm just curious, I've never spent over $200 for one and some scope prices seem crazy high.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I spent almost 1k on my Zeiss. Worth every penny IMHO. I shoot more now because it is more enjoyable now that I can see the freaking target. It also allowed me to get out past 200 yards relatively quickly.

That being said I am REALLY considering buying a USO at around $2,300 or so. I will be looking through IGW's to see if I feel like it is worth that much.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I've spent over $5,000 on a scope. Believe me, you get what you pay for. For the money, I think Night force is the best. The clarity, precise movement of the reticle, and most light transmission. For an old beat up type rifle, I prefer Nikon. all 30mm scopes. Seen to many Leupold's not old zero after a bad drop. If you use the inexpensive ones, you have probably not hunted at dusk with a better one. I let people look through mine and all I hear is "holy s***, I'll trade you for the night"

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I spent more than $1,200 for my ACOG w/mounted doctor optic red dot.

Optical clarity is awesome.

I've also purchased cheapo red dots for my GSGs.

I added a nice Millett DMS-1 for my SIG 522 recently and am about to pull the trigger on a new Falcon Menace Scope for my new 308AR (about $600 w/rings).

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Leupold Mk 4 for about $1200. I used the Mark 4 rings with it also.

Same here; although, I used different rings. I like the Mark IV but for my purposes I probably could have gotten along fine with a Nikon Monarch or Burris XTR for 30-40% less.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    $600 for a Leupy for my .50bmg. $200 for Larue rings to mount it. Saving up for a NF for her, then the scopes on all my precision rifles will move down the line (I put the best quality optics on my best quality gun). So when I spend big bucks for a new scope all my precision rigs gain a little, and my beater guns also gain some.

I never used to believe in high dollar optics until I both tried to shoot precision at long range and actually started buying them and using them. WOW the differences are noticeable! I'll still put a $50-60 scope on a .22 squirrel gun, but even my hunting rifles wear better eyes these days. I'm also slowly moving them all up in the quality of the mounts. Same deal there, now I no longer wonder if the bullet group is me, the gun, the scope, or the mount. Anymore it's usually me, and I can now tell when it's the scope/mount/gun.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    IIRC I paid $2200-$2300 for my US Optics used. It's mounted on my .308 and has served me very well thus far. My other rifles wear Nightforce & Aimpoint scopes.
    IMG_4040.jpg

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    The most expensive scope most folks will ever buy is the one that breaks when they need it.

It always seems to be at the range just before the trip, or during the trip.

Pray that you spent your money wisely with a company that will take care of you.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ordering a nf 12-42 br this weekend. 1350ish. before that i bought a leupold vx 3 for 500 that i hate. probably the worse 500 bucks ive ever spent. well mabye not the worse. its between that scope and the 300 dollar leupold vx2 for the worst money i ever spent. if i had not bought both the same day i wouldn't have ever bought another leupold. i also have a 650ish kahles

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    just got my NF 5.5-22x56 mounted up in a LT-104 tonight. $1200 on the scope (steal) and $200 on the mount.

DSC02590.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    most i think i dropped was a for a uso 1.8-10 w/erek and that was about 2400 cash but i sold that and after that its definitely my premier and i have 2100 cash in that brand new. but i swear people just don't understand the difference in good glass vs leupy which is what most thing is great. plus on top of that the warranty and customer service with such company's as premier and uso and night force. imo they are in a league of their own. i owned a S&B and is probably still with out a doubt one of the best out their, i just didn't like sending my scope back to germany when and if it broke. though now they are opening a plant in new jersey i believe to accommodate that plus they also offered a replacement scope while yours was gone. firm believer in buy once cry once :)

Top Bottom